“Fantastic time and time again”
Review of Heathmount Hotel

Heathmount Hotel
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Portgordon
“Fantastic time and time again”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Returned today from what must be our 7 th time staying at the Heathmount. We only live 50 miles away but like to go to Inverness for a day away shopping etc and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. The hotel is beautifully decorated with modern touches, we have stayed in 4 of the 7 rooms and find each one a complete pleasure to stay in. The cleanliness is impecable and the quality of the decor, fittings and attention to detail is outstanding. The staff are a credit to the hotel, very hard working and friendly. The food like the rest of the hotel is incredible also. Fiona the hotel owner is ina class of her own. The hotel can be almost bursting at the seams but she never fails to put time aside to stop and spend some time with you........everything about this hotel is first class and would recommend it 100%. Looking forward to our next visit at Christmas already..:)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
harthill
Reviewed 30 October 2012

what a great wee hotel this is! art deco interiors with brand new fixtures and fittings, our room was stunning. family room for myself, wife and 2 kids ( 12 and 8 ) with a luxurious bathroom with a great power shower. only stayed 1 night while taking kids to loch ness also very handy for city centre. staff were very pleasant and helpul and in the morning we had the best cooked breakfast i have ever eaten in my life. if you are visiting the area, you must give the heathmount a try!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Troon, Scotland
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

I chose to stay here for a night to celebrate my Wife's Birthday. On arrival we were checked in at the bar by a very cheery and friendly girl..we had booked a Standard room as all the superior rooms were booked. I asked about the restraunt as we had booked online and indicated we would be eating there...we were surised to be told that it would be closed due ti a family 21st party but food would be available in the bar. We therefore chose to eat out and made a fantastic find in "Little Italy" only a 5 minute walk down the hill. We were shown to room 7, although a smallish room in the roof space it was very clean and oth nicely decorated and furnished ( everything from the store Dwell it seemed so not cheap). The shower room newly updated with a fantastic powerfull fancy electronic shower. Within the room was everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel...trouser press, hair dryer, TV, etc etc, a really nice touch was a small coffee cafetier with fresh ground coffee and both a Tunnocks tea cake and caramel bar ( very Scottish ) the bed was large and very firm though comfy though I thought it unusual to have blankets rather than a continental quilt but that said not a problem.
After eating in Little Italy we returned to the hotel bar that seems to be a real hit with the locals, on the night we were there not only was there a 21st party on but also a Halloween fancy dress party too. We enjoyed the atmosphere, helped by the fact two real ales were on tap. After turning in we were aware of a constant thud thud from what I guess was the disco for the 21st...sadly this went on till 0200 in the morning and not the best thing to rock you to sleep.
In the morning and during a fabulous breakfast I advised the waitress about the noisy night that we had endured......she said it was a one off as a disco had been hired in for the 21st party celebrations, we were told however she would inform Fiona the owner of our complaint and on her return said Fiona had appologised and was so concerned that out night had been disturbed that she would waive our bill in an attempt to say sorry. This I felt was a fantastic gesture and one that I feel shows the care and concern the owner has for the comfort and happiness of her clients. Such a nice gesture I feel that next week I intend to make another 400 mile journey to try the place again hopefully under more peacefull circumstances!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights as a base point for traveling to Loch Ness & the Isle of Skye. We loved the comfortable rooms, and little extras included - robes, slippers, tea, coffee, chocolate biscuits in the room. We ate lunch here and it was delicious - fish and chips, Orkney cheddar mac n cheese and sticky toffee pudding. Breakfast is included and you can choose from hot or cold options. It's no more than a 5 minute walk into the main city square. Would stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I booked this hotel quite last minute (for me!), as a treat for myself and my boyfriend. We had room 3 and it was lovely, actually couldn't have asked for anything more. Nice fresh decor, large rooms, bathroom had seperate bath and shower, robes and slippers. Great. Unfortunately I wasn't organised enough to book us a table for dinner but next time we go I will!
Fantastic place, you'll already be planning your next visit before you check out

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I was dead tired when I arrived at Heathmount, from 36 holes of golf at Castle Stuart. I got great service at the desk and was in my room, in bed, and drinking a delicious latte within ten minutes. The room was very comfortable, the bathroom clean, and the bed put me to sleep quickly. Great place, good price!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Hudsondeal
Portree
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We have stayed here a number of times now and loved it everytime. The decor in the rooms is fun, each one completely different. They are spotlessly clean with nice bathrooms. The staff are lovely and helpful. There was a mix up with our dinner on our most recent visit which was handled brilliantly.
We especially love the breakfast. Great coffee, good cooked selection and delicious toast.
We're in Inverness once a month but as we have to book last minute there's sometimes no availability at the Heathmount. The only complaint would be that we wish they had more rooms!

• Stayed August 2012