“Overnight stay”
Review of Heathmount Hotel

Heathmount Hotel
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Last Sunday 5th May I stayed one night in the Heathmount as part of a business trip to the Highlands.
The hotal came recommended to me by a colleague. The quality in general was excellent. The decor was of a high standard, the food was delicious, for breakfast I had smoked haddock with two poached eggs that were done to perfection. The room had black out curtains and an excellet quality huge bed. I got the impression that alot of investment has gone into this place and the rates reflect real value for money.
As part of my job I am constantly travelling throughout the UK & Europe so its easy to get used to hotels and the standards. It was nice to see this family run hotel delivering such quality and attention to service. The staff that I met were very pleasant and sincere. It will be the first place I check for availability when I return.
Steve Delaney
North Wales

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 which was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for your kind review. At the Heathmount we take great pride in the service which we offer and it is so nice to know that it is appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Heathmount Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at The Heathmount Hotel last week and found the staff and owner to be very friendly. I was made welcome on arrival and offered fresh de-caf coffee in my room! The room was exquisite with very fine personal touches that made the stay even more special. My breakfast was served by a very friendly lady who took time to chat and ensure my porridge was just how i liked it! I would highly recommend the Heathmount to sole travellers ( as I was) and families alike. A real treat.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I understand that you are a regular guest and look forward to meeting you again on your return.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The Heathmount is a small hotel above a lively bar and restaurant within walking distance of Inverness town center. The room we stayed in was decorated in a contemporary elegant style maintaining a homely feel with a bathroom fitting a 5 star hotel. The service from check in on wards was friendly and efficient and the breakfast was the best we had in our stay across Scotland, the extra touches like freshly ground good quality coffee in the room made the Heathmount stand out. Would highly recommend for anyone who wishes to explore Inverness and the Highlands.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. We are delighted that you appreciated the service offered. A good cup of freshly ground coffee is just what you need to set you up for a day of touring around the Inverness area!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here, and we are very happy that we did, the atmosphere was fantastic, the staff were polite and courteous.
The room was cracking!, next time we'll be visiting without the kids......
We only had the breakfast at the hotel, it is highly recommended, The hotel is situated in a fairly central location, easy access to the shops and town centre, 4-5 minutes away.
There were Dvd's available for the kids, the toiletries in the rooms were abundant and the coffee was very palatable too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We pride ourselves in the quality and cleanliness of our rooms. Fortunately for you there are eight rooms which give you seven more reasons to plan a return trip.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Visited this venue with a group of 23.. We had drinks most of the afternoon whilst the football was on. We were then informed that we were required to vacate the area for another group. This was generally acceptable as we were unaware of other booking policy's and we adhered to as requested. The final straw was the continual lies from staff to provide us with menus and a food choice as 'we are too busy' as a publican myself with seating areas of 110 plus bar space. This venue had in excess of 6 Barr staff and many vacant tables they refused to serve any simple meals! After spending upwards of 600+ in this venue they were unwilling to accomadate and this shows badly on the owners... Sorry Fiona it's not a surprise that next door is becoming more popular.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Nickj1234
Heath99, Owner at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Good Afternoon Nick,

I was disappointed to have received your comments regarding your group’s visit to the Heathmount on Saturday 13th April. Upon receipt of your comments I contacted the organiser of your group to further investigate your complaint. He was understanding of us not being able to accept a large food order at our peak service which was not pre-booked. I have discussed the situation with Scott, our Manager who informed me our Restaurant was fully booked that evening. You will appreciate that precedence must prevail over all table bookings in our Restaurant. An offer was made to furnish your party with menus and to take an order from your party after 9.15pm, which was declined.

Perhaps the next time I am in town I shall pop into Hootananny to discuss this further with you.

I trust the rest of your party enjoyed their time with us.

Regards

Fiona

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed overnight while travelling on business. Small hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room was modern and clean with a very comfy four poster bed. Free wifi which worked well. The bathroom was clean with modern fittings and a decent shower. Breakfast was excellent, good choice and nicely cooked. Easy walking distance into the town

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. The Heathmount is well suited for guests who are staying whilst on a business trip. The location, flexible eating times, Wi-Fi and private meeting room are some of the many reasons for this. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Heathmount on NYE 2012. We arrived to a rather small car park on quite a busy road from all sides so weren't offered the best first impression. However, when we walked inside we were pleasantly relieved to see the downstairs pub area to be modern, clean and welcoming. We were shown to our room (no. 1) which was fantastic!
Little things were thought of such as luxury chocoloates and a mini whiskey on the side as well as fluffy towels and bathroom supplies. The bathroom is definitely the best part of the room - just a shame we couldn't get the tv to work inside the shower which was quite disappointing (could probably do with some instructions on how to use it as we tried everything but couldn't get anything other than a blue screen).
We had asked for champagne for our room which was provided in an ice bucket and stand.
Although not right in the centre of Inverness it is only a short walk away and easily accessible to everything .. reception happily called us a taxi to our restaurant which was reasonably priced - especially for NYE!
We weren't disturbed by any noise downstairs but being NYE probably not the best judges of that anyway as we were in high spirits ourselves!
The breakfast was perfect and good portion sizes.
I really can't fault this place, if we visit Inverness again this is where I would like to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your Hogmanay stay. The city of Inverness is an obvious destination for a good old Highland knees-up! As you have said, the Heathmount is just a short walk for the city centre which does mean that the surroundings are quiet throughout the night. We are delighted that the Heathmount is now your obvious choice of accommodation when you return to the Highlands.