Heathmount Hotel
US$292
US$284
Hotels.com
US$181
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$174
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$182
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Waterside Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$265
Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$168
Orbitz.com
US$130
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$127
PremierInn.com
All reviewstunnocks tea cakefour poster bedsmall car parkattic roomboutique hotellovely hotelbusiness or pleasuresteak piecooked to ordercity centreon site parkingstayed for one nightgreat roombreakfast was excellentperfect stayvisiting invernessfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights whilst working in Inverness. When I first arrived, I did begin to question my booking and felt I had made a mistake as the room was a bit dark as was the stairwell, but how my opinion changed at dinner. The menu is very good and exceedingly good value and the service was friendly and swift! Breakfast was just lovely, home made bread and an excellent choice overall. Parking outside the hotel has the potential to be a bit busy but don't be put off by this alone. Stayed in Room 6 which was a bit on the small side, but adequate enough for the lone traveller. Would definitely recommend for either B&B or for dinner alone. Minor downsides would be a lack of some general maintenance in the rooms, and the bedroom doors are very loud when closed at early hours of the morning!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Our attic rooms are amongst the smaller of the accommodation options in the Heathmount, which is reflected in the rates of stay. Fire regulations make it essential that all doors within the hotel are self closing; we will inspect the doors on the second floor to establish if they can do so with less noise. Thank you for your custom. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had only 1 night here but it was very comfortable. Room quite small so will book the one for '4 people' next time. Dinner/breakfast excellent, as were the staff. Parking was outside the hotel, but quite safe. Stairs to be negotiated, so getting baggage up and down was a bit of a trial. Helps to be fit!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guests,

We hope that your canal trip was a hoot. Thanks for staying at the Heathmount. We are sorry that you struggled with your luggage; generally there are hotel staff available to help guests throughout the day. Are you the guests who left the Akubra hat? If so, I’m pleased that you realised before your boat set sail so that I could nip down to the locks to drop it off for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Recently stayed here for one night. Excellent location, only 5 mins walk to the likes of Bridge Street. Free on-site car park at front of hotel. Friendly welcome which included being taken up and shown round room. Not enough of this happens in the hotel industry in Scotland IMO. Staff were friendly throughout and no issues with service at any point from the all-British staff.

Room was lovely with a fabulous shower/bathroom.
My only minor gripe would be the TV in bedroom was a bit on the small side especially if watching from bed and the 4 poster bed blocking viewing, not that I had time to watch anything other than a 5 min news bulletin.
Also, I couldn’t manage to get TV in shower working. This may have been operator error but don` t think so. Again, it was more a case of trying it out for the novelty effect rather than lathering myself up watching the soaps.
Dining and bar areas were nicely furnished and breakfast was superb. Great black pudding and good quality fresh fruit juices etc.
Lovely pint of Peroni in bar too. Even managed to sit outside in the nice wee patio area to enjoy it in some afternoon Inverness sunshine. Shame I never had time to sample their cocktails but would make a point of this on my return.
Would definitely return to The Heathmount and would be a regular even to the bar, cocktail lounge and restaurant if I was a local. Their festive deals which included meal and overnight stay etc, seemed excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Room 1 with the 4 poster bed was top notch.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review; it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. I’ve had a look at the TV and it looks like, “it’s curtains for the shower TV”. We will endeavour to get it fixed soon. Sadly the only heat on the terrace is coming from the heat lamps under the canopies, now that autumn has arrived. However, this does mean that we getting closer to our Festive celebrations. This will be my first Christmas at the Heathmount and I’m told that I should be very excited.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Though not our first choice, we still walked away quite happy. The room was beautiful and the food was outstanding (service was appallingly slow toward the end of our dinner service). First on my list for any hotel: cleanliness. The rooms were spotless. My only complaint is the physical maintenance. One of the windows wouldn't close all the way at the bottom. The bathroom fan either didn't work or was excessively noisy and several cabinet drawer handles were broken.

One thing to watch is the parking. It's very, very tight and in short supply.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It’s always good to know that the hard work of my staff is appreciated. We are sorry that there were problems with certain items in your room during your stay. The bathroom fan has been replaced and the window repaired. We have also made plans for front of house staff to stay in our rooms over the next few months, when we will carry out a thorough inspection of the rooms from a Guests’ perspective, which should alert us to any snags. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your custom.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I took my fiancé here for his 30th birthday, I posted up some banners and balloons and the staff were more than happy to blow up the balloons and pin up the banners for me before our arrival. I selected room 3 to stay in (4 poster) my fiancé and I both agreed that the standard of the room was more than I'd expect from a 5 star in Edinburgh, very clean, modern and offered so much fun quirky little surprises. The decor was beautiful. Bedding was great quality and the bed itself was blissful to sleep in. If your on the site, take a look at all of their rooms, all individually decorated and worth a look. We ate in the restaurant downstairs, we didn't book a table, the staff were very busy but still accommodated us with a great welcome, the gentleman who served us was very professional and friendly and knew his wines and gave us a brilliant one. The food was fantastic, good value for money and we didn't wait long on it coming to the table. We spent the rest of the night in the bar and enjoyed some cocktails and a brilliant atmosphere. If your a smoker (which I am) you'll be glad to know they have a seating area outside with a heated lamps, which is always nice in mid September. Breakfast was lovely, we both enjoyed something from the 'cooked menu'. They serve illy coffee, which for me as a coffee lovely was a great little touch. All staff at the hotel were professional, friendly and very accommodating. We've visited a lot of hotels and usually we say it was good..... But.. With heathmount we've been saying it was "excellent" with no but. Really loved this hotel and I will definately be visiting again. We've already planned to hopefully spend our new year up there. Best value for money for me this year.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Roslyn26

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. It was no trouble decorating your room for your arrival, it was actually quite fun. Our wine list is under review, with some exciting arrivals due, and we have lots of bookings in place for our legendary Hogmanay Party already. Hopefully you can make it. If not, best wished for the New Year and we hope to see you again soon.