“Great Gastro Pub Eatery”
Review of Heathmount Hotel

Heathmount Hotel
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Gastro Pub Eatery”
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Did not stay here but was recommended to try Restaurant. Even though this was a pub, the food was fantastic and very well priced. If nearby, this is an excellent choice for dining.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Worcestershire
Reviewed 16 July 2010

What a lovely stay at the heathmount, the staff were so friendly. the hotel was spotless and the room was great although on the small size. We had a kitchen fan on morning and evening so had a few kitchen smells. But apart from that I have had one of the best holidays for a long time up in the Highlands, in fact not bothering going abroad next year, we are coming back up to Scotland. The place has a lovely atmosphere. Inverness is wonderful we were visiting my partners son so he took us to a few places especially the Black Isle where you could see Dolphins in there natural habitat Brilliant !!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Tain, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This stay was an overnight to celebrate Mrs B's birthday - and be able to share a few wines and not have to drive home.
The room exceeded expectations (Room 3). Large en-suite bathroom with separate high powered shower, very wide four poster bed which was superbly comfortable and great attention to detail - mineral waters, fresh coffee, fruit etc as well as good quality bathroom 'bits'. Very clean, and extremely hard to fault anything (one side light bulb had failed and one bath robe only so we're struggling here!!). I can't mention the price, which includes a fabulous breakfast choice, as my wife may read this but suffice to say whilst not cheap it was worth every penny.
We had dinner in the restaurant which was good, but not outstanding - while many of the wines were not available due to list changing, waiter very helpful in advising of alternatives.
The bar atmosphere was more like a gathering of friends, tremendous atmosphere to go with tremendous range of cocktails. The service: first class, friendly and professional.
This review reads almost as too good to be true. We are just so pleased to find a hotel which for once seems to really care about giving a first class experience, and the Heathmount did. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I booked an overnight stay in the Heathmount as a surprise for my boyfriend who had just come back from an overseas tour with the armed forces. I had specifically booked one of the 4 poster rooms after seeing it on the website and had been quoted the price of £100.

When we arrived at the hotel I was told that my booking had been cancelled the day before - which obviously I hadn't done. I was told there were still rooms available but ,unfortunately, not the one I had booked. We were shown a lovely room with a double bed and the other option was a twin room - as I had booked a 4 poster bedded room, did they really think a twin room was an option ?! While my boyfriend went to get the bags from the car I signed the register and explained to the receptionist just how disappointed I was, and explained it had been booked a surprise for my boyfriend. The receptionist said he would "do something about the price" and that we could have a complimentary bottle of wine. He also asked if we wanted to book dinner in the hotel, but under the circumstances, I decided I would rather eat somewhere else.

After taking our bags to the room, we went back down to the bar for a drink. My boyfriend went to the bar and while there the receptionist offered him a bottle of wine for us to take to our room later and said that we could have the room for £90. As I had made the booking, and explained that it was a surprise for my boyfriend only 10 minutes previously, I was really angry at the receptionist then discussing the price with my boyfriend. To add insult to injury, the standard price for the room we were now booked into was £90 so we were paying full price, despite the offer of "something" done about the price. As the reception is in the bar, which for a late Saturday afternoon was fairly busy, I decided not to say anything.

When we checked out the following morning, there was a different receptionist on and when I explained the situation to her, she dropped the price to £80. She was very apologetic about all the confusion.

The Heathmount Hotel is a lovely hotel, the room we stayed in was clean and relaxing and if I had just booked "a room" I would have been more than happy with it. The mix up though put a real downer on my weekend, I had been really looking forward to seeing my boyfriend's face when he saw the 4 poster bed. Nevertheless, I would recommend the Heathmount, but would advise double checking before you get there that they have not cancelled the booking !!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Stirling
Reviewed 26 March 2010

This hotel is a short walk from the railway station and was perfect for our 2 night stay.
it was clean, friendly and the rooms are modern and fresh. Our room was room 4 and it was done in plum with all curtains, wallpaper and bedding matching.

We had lunch and diner in the hotel and both were good value and enjoyable. The pub and lounge was very popular with the locals which is a good sign.

The breakfast which was included in the cost was freshly made to order and most enjoyable.

This is an ideal base for short trips to Inverness as everything is nearby. There were no noise issues even although the room looked onto a bust street.

I would return here without hesitation

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 5 January 2010

As a last minute booking we stayed on Hogmanay at the Heathmount.

Initial thought, with reception in the bar, was a little disappointing however the friendly staff quickly checked us in and showed us to our room.

Room was large and well furnished; large double bed was very comfortable. Minor niggle with noisy radiator in the bathroom but easily solved by simply turning down the thermostat a little.

We booked our meal early to attend a concert and therefore the dining area was quiet. However the set menu, specially in place for Hogmanay, had varied choices and each of our selections arrived well cooked and presented. Excellent value for £30.00 each.

Evening entertainment (disco) and atmosphere was good; friendly locals without the drunken "loons".

Power shower quickly dispelled any sleepiness and full cooked breakfast certainly set us up for the day.

All told a well run, comfortable and reasonbly priced hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This hotel was recommended to us by friends of ours from Canada, they said we would love it, and we were not disappointed! The room was great, the food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and helpful! We would definitely come back to this well run boutique hotel.

Darrell and Colleen