“A fantastic stay”

Ardconnel House B&B
Ranked #8 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our stay at ardconnel house from may 28th to may 29th was fantastic.
John gave us a warm welcome, and some ideas where to go and eat for dinner.
The room was tidy and cosy. For breakfast we hat the choice of eating a continental one (muesly, yogurt, homemade cake, marmelade, toast...) or a scottish cooked one.
We had a great stay at this Bed and Breakfast, and we will definetely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2014

One of the most popular travel guides calls the Ardconnel one of their favourites. I could not agree more. The room was a bit on the small side, but I was solo, and it was more than enough for me, plus there's a great guest room for reading and relaxing. The bed was really comfortable, the shower great, and the room was really clean. I was made to feel welcome from the first step in the front door. The smiles were genuine and the breakfast was spectacular. Inverness is a great little city, and the folks at the Ardconnel House are a big part of that.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

A very friendly and welcoming guest house. John and Elizabeth were excellent hosts. The server when out of her way to ensure that you were taken care of for anything for breakfast.

The room was warm and comfortable with all the facilities; I only wished the beds for in better shape and queen size versus double size..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had the most wonderful stay at Ardconnel House this past May 2014. John & Elizabeth were wonderful hosts and spacial shout out to Sue who served us our amazing traditional Scottish breakfast ( cooked by John) most mornings. Right from booking John was very helpful as we mentioned that I was researching my family history. He hooked me up with another customer who recommended I visit an ancestral castle in Inverness. It was life changing- and all thanks to John and Elizabeth. I had the lovely "Rose Room" beautifully appointed with a huge private bath with soaker tub and stand up shower. Everything was perfect!

Room Tip: Beds extremely comfortable and location is excellent to main area of town!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank scarysherrie0
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Michelle

I came up for a few days to flat hunt in the area. Both hosts were very friendly and genuinely nice informing me of good areas to try and even getting out a map to make sure I had an idea of where I was going.
The bedroom, was cosy and tastefully decorated good to relax in after a busy day.
Excellent variety of hot and cold breakfast items
Parking space available at all times
Pleasant cheerful exterior of house with very good walking distance to the town centre
well recommended for visitors to the city of inverness

1  Thank mish476
Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the moment I arrived at the Ardconnel House B&B, I knew I'd made the right choice for Inverness. While the area had many b&b's, the interior of this particular one stood out as soon as you crossed the threshhold. A warm greeting by the proprietor welcomed me. He showed my room, and then instructed me on city highlights, how to get there, where to get good views and where to find some of the finer eateries in the city. Without a doubt, he made my visit to Inverness a charming, easy experience.

Breakfast was laid out with the same Victorian charm as the home's decor. The food was spot on with the friendliness of the mrs. of the house and her assistant. There was a sitting room on the second floor to enjoy. The bay windows of the breakfast room and sitting room and also the stairways allowed the house to feel warm from the ambient light.

The single bedroom had more than enough space for my visit with an en suite shower/bathroom. Very clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. Whenever I return, and I will, the Ardconnel will be the place to go.

1  Thank minim00se
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A very friendly and welcoming guest house. John and Elizabeth were excellent hosts and did everything they could to help me. On the Saturday morning they arranged an early breakfast so I could catch the first train to Kyle of Lochalsh and suggested Plockton as another place to visit which i did on the way out.

The room was warm and comfortable with all the facilities I needed and the breakfast was expertly prepared. Commendation for the Orkney black pudding which was the best I've ever tasted! I must ask them the name of their butcher.

Will definitely return again the next time I visit Inverness.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tony Dean

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel