My wife and I were very fortunate to have booked a room at the Strathness House. What a great location! Strathness is located right on the river Ness just across the river from Inverness Castle and the town center. We must say that it was the best location for any place we stayed in Scotland. All of Inverness was within walking distance and the view from the room was simply spectacular. Joan was a wonderful hostess, and the Strathness is an amazing place to stay while in Inverness. A little note that we only had one day in Inverness but would have loved at least two as it was a great little city.
The room had a spectacular view with comfortable beds and plenty of room to get about. Free wifi, coffee service and an en suite bathroom really made the place complete. I will say that the shower is very small. So for guys it can be a little tricky to get clean without getting banged up a little. It should not deter you from staying here - just know before you step in. We would definitely recommend Strathness as the place to stay in Inverness. You really cannot beat the view, accommodations, and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland