We were on our way to Scotland and found this little gem guest house on our trip advisor search. We called and Joan was very accommodating. She answered all of our questions promptly and knowledgeably. Once we arrived we immediately took in the river that sits along the edge of the road, the quaint atmosphere and the lovely, not to mention, spotless room. We were very impressed. During the evenings the cool breeze and gentle rush of the river's water lulled us off to dreamland. Breakfast in the morning was served in a bright and cheery room along with all the items, hot and cold, that you would enjoy for nourishment at home. The staff on hand was also bright and cheery, as well as helpful The lounge area was inviting and could have been a room in your own home. Overall, our stay in Inverness was made complete by this gem of a guest house. Our plan is to eventually return to Inverness, just as long as Strathness House is available, of course!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland