Strathness House was a pre-planned one night stay in Inverness during a drive through the northern highlands of Scotland. Our comfortable room looked out over the tree-lined river with views of a castle and cathedral on the other side. A wide selection of restaurants were within a short walk from the hotel. The hotel is located in a very convenient and scenic area of Inverness with historic buildings, churches, the Ness River, and beautiful scenery, especially at night. The owners, Joan and Javed, were gracious and accommodating with many helpful suggestions about restaurants, shopping, and the local area. We had no trouble parking our car close to the hotel. Breakfast dining was satisfactory with pleasant and efficient service. We would certainly recommend Strathness House based on our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland