We chanced upon Strathness House and are so glad that we did. Initially we planned on one night but stayed three. Our room was lovely with a view over the river to the castle. It was comfortable, clean and warm with a great ensuite bathroom - lots of hot water and big fluffy towels. I especially enjoyed the downstairs guest sitting room where I could sit and read and watch the world go by, after a day of sight seeing. Breakfast was plentiful and good, offering lots of choice. Loved the porridge!
Everyone at Strathness House was welcoming and helpful, offering advice on places to visit, restaurants, and scenic walks. We were so comfortable it was hard to leave.
We absolutely recommend Strathness House as a great place to stay in Inverness and look forward to returning some time in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland