“Another excellent stay!!!”

Ranked #17 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Perth
“Another excellent stay!!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was our third time at the Strathness - and never fails to impress!! Joan and Javed are the perfect hosts - nothing too much trouble! Rooms are spotlessly clean - great en-suites with shower you don't want to come out of!! Room overlooked the river - could sit all day and watch the world go by! Breakfast excellent - just waiting to book our next visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Strathness House for 2 nights this week, and we absolutely loved it! The room was very comfortable, quiet, beautifully decorated, and had a lovely view of the River Ness! Breakfast was wonderful, and Joan & Javed were extremely helpful with giving advice on where to visit in Scotland (we had a couple of days with flexible plans).

Joan was incredibly nice and welcoming upon arrival, even though we were a bit later than normal check-in hours (latest check in is at 2000 unless you've made other arrangements), and our GPS had routed us on the "Highland Tourist Route" from Stonehaven to Inverness (gorgeous drive, but a little hairy at times!).

Give yourself time to do the "Ness Walk" right outside of the B&B (we did the 3 mile loop, but there's a longer one too), it is seriously like walking in a Thomas Kinkade painting!

Check out time is at 10:30am, and the day we left we planned on taking a sleeper train from Inverness to London (9pm to 8am). Joan and Javed held our luggage while we explored for a few more hours, then let us hang out in their lounge room (gorgeously decorated, by the way!) until it was time to catch our train! We definitely appreciated that! We can't wait to come back some day. Loved it!!

Jeff and Jocelyn

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the River Ness. One of the most beautiful sights in Scotland!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We chanced upon Strathness House and are so glad that we did. Initially we planned on one night but stayed three. Our room was lovely with a view over the river to the castle. It was comfortable, clean and warm with a great ensuite bathroom - lots of hot water and big fluffy towels. I especially enjoyed the downstairs guest sitting room where I could sit and read and watch the world go by, after a day of sight seeing. Breakfast was plentiful and good, offering lots of choice. Loved the porridge!
Everyone at Strathness House was welcoming and helpful, offering advice on places to visit, restaurants, and scenic walks. We were so comfortable it was hard to leave.
We absolutely recommend Strathness House as a great place to stay in Inverness and look forward to returning some time in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed for a night at the excellent Strathness House in Inverness on a recent business trip.. the hotel was spotlessly clean and tidy, everything just as it should be. I was warmly welcomed in to the hotel, and taken to my room and shown how everything worked and where everything was located; much nicer than just being told which floor you are on.
My room was fairly small, but everything was there and worked perfectly, my room had a great view across the River Ness to Inverness Castle, and the location of the hotel is a short walk to the city centre.
I slept well in the comfortable bed, and the breakfast next day was all you could look for.

This hotel is ideally located, is a nice old traditional building in Inverness, but it really is the personal attention from the owners that sets it apart from the others. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Book a riverside room, you wouldn't want to miss the view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 double rooms and a single for one night. It was a surprise for my mother & father in law. The owner was helpful & assisted us well in our surprise.
The rooms were spotless, comfortable with lovely views off the river. The bathrooms have excellent showers and plenty of toiletries. Irons & hair dryers were supplied in each room as were teas, coffee and biscuits.
The house in central and breakfast was excellent, as was the service.
The only reason I've taken 1 star off overall was because of the heat throughout the night. It was too much but don't let this deter you from booking this lovely, well maintained and perfectly located guest house.

• Stayed April 2014
texavilla, Owner at Strathness House, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate this very much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We are sorry that you felt that you could not give us full marks as you were so hot during the night. This is not usually a complaint that we have. As a matter of note, our heating goes off a a little after 12 midnight and comes back on at 5.30 am. Each our radiators can be manually adjusted to the heat you require and can be also switched off. All our windows open to allow fresh air into the rooms.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Strathness House. It was great value for a clean and centrally located guest house in a historic building with refurbished bathrooms. Great full Scottish Breakfast included.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

(May have already posted a review - apologies if I have, lol)

This is a bit of a long overdue review - me and my boyfriend stayed here during the Valentine's weekend (February 14-16th). We fancied a wee weekend away from where we live and so thought Inverness would be a nice place to stay. After browsing hotels in the area, I realised that there wasn't that many within the town centre. Strathness House came up as the top hotel to stay in so I decided we would come here. Filling out the form, I indicated that both my boyfriend and I were deaf and so would need assistance should there be an emergency.

Upon arrival, we parked at the side of the street, aware that time limits were put into place. Once we checked in, the lady (apologies I have forgotten both the owners' names!) asked for my name and immediately recognised that we were the deaf couple. Fantastic that she paid attention to detail. She helpfully advised that we park the car in the public car park down the road - only £2 for 24 hours and Sunday was free.

We were taken up to the room and we were fortunate enough to have a river view which overlooked the river and parts of the town, beautiful. The room was a bit small but it was very cosy and made you feel right at home! The shower and TV worked perfectly and the small added accessories such as the kettle, hairdryer, biscuits and extra sheets/blankets were a bonus. The hotel itself is only a five minute walk from the town centre which was great. We had breakfast in the morning which was really delicious, wide variety of cereals, fruit, yoghurts and again, the lady's husband was very helpful and clear, ensuring that we understood him.

I would definitely recommend this place and I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple