We found the guest house welcoming and in a nice location: it overlooks the river and is only a short walk into the town, but is far enough out of town to feel relaxed. We found the rooms and house nicely decorated and very comfortable, clean and homely. It was nice to have a guest lounge, which meant that you not limited to your room. The breakfast had a good choice of quality food.
The hosts work very hard to make the house welcoming and of a high quality.
Noting some previous reviews, I get the impression that some negative comments are due to some clients mistaking a guest house for a hotel eg lack of a lift, smaller rooms etc and to not having read the information available before booking: factors such as there being no lift or not accepting children under five, There's nothing wrong with that policy either, some guests want a quiet stay and those with chidren under five have plenty of choice for booking elsewhere.
We look forward to staying again and the guest house deserves a 5 star rating
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland