We booked in advance and weren't disappointed. The owners made us feel really welcome and were very helpful throughout our 3 night stay. They even put perishable goods in their fridge for us to preserve it properly! Although the cathedral is right next door, we weren't disturbed by any bells even on the Sunday morning.
The location is great, overlooking the river, and a short walk into the town (shoud that be city?) and well place for a quick circuit along one side of the river and back up the other.
This is a lovely old Victorian building which has been carefully restored. There are limitations as to what can be done with such properties, so we didn't mind that the bathroom was rather limited for space. Plenty of space in the bedroom, lots of storage space, comfy beds, an excellent guest lounge overlooking the river, good breakfastsand staff who really did try to please. Would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland