Having never been to Inverness before, we did not know what to expect. Strathness House is in the best location imaginable...right on the river. With the windows up you can hear the rippled stream outside. The location is literally no more than two blocks from anything you want to see or do. But just being on the river was enough. The walkway and the grassy bank were charming in every way.
The hosts were great, and helpful as needed them. Breakfast was made to order, and was the best we have had in three weeks in UK.
The room was a bit small, but it had character and an interesting shape to it. The shower was the smallest we have ever seen, but it was OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland