Very helpfull owners-staff provide great support.
They willl seekout and find what you are looking for to help.
The rooms are clean and reasonable size. Bath is standard, but quite nice. All rooms are upstairs without elevators, but the staff will offer to carry bags and the staircase is wide.
5-10 min walk to city center, but faces the Ness River on a limited access street so it is quiet except for a few oyster catcher birds. The walk path to the islands that starts in front of the hotel along the river is a must-do in the summer. The gardens are a short worlk on the same road.
Parking is not-so-great. There is 4.5 pound/24 hour parking about a block away at the cathedal. No easy unload location on the narrow road in front of the hotel unless you score a street parking spot around the corner. We did get such a spot at 1 pound per hour before moving to the 24 hour parking.
Still, the location is great and the hotel is clean and the staff are extreemly helpful.
A very good full breakfast is included, and they will make up almost anything you request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland