All reviewsguest houserestful nightshort walk to the city centrefriendly place to staydvd playerfelt like homeb b'ssingle roomlittle thingsthe riverbiscuitsan ideal locationcomfortable bedstayed for one nightwould definitely stay here againtwo night stayroom was large
Reviewed 8 September 2012

positive: everything was beautiful there, really lovely! Excellent breakfast with a lot of choices, the owner was really really helpful, polite and kind. The room was absolutely clean and very well furbished. Confortable bed (could be a little bigger though).
negative: the shower.. but I noticed this in other guesthouses in the UK..not very strong..
Would stay there again and recommend it.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Wow, just wow. What more can be said about the accommodation provided by Alison at Craig Villa?

I was traveling with three other people, and we all agreed this was by far the best place we stayed while in Scotland. The rooms are spacious and inviting; they have extremely comfortable beds and tea/coffee necessities. We felt right at home.

Alison is a fabulous host. Not only was the breakfast menu filled with many different options, the food was delicious. We usually just skipped lunch because we were still full from breakfast!! We never had a bad breakfast, and Alison was extremely attentive and helpful.

On that same note, Alison went far beyond to help us enjoy Inverness. She had great recommendations for restaurants, and she also would call and make reservations for our party. All in all, she was a great host!!

I would recommend the Craig Villa Guest House to anyone staying in Inverness. It made our visit spectacular!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Alison of Craig Villa makes a traveller very welcome. Her B&B is very clean, with all amenities in the room such as TV and tea/coffee making provisions. Importantly, a very comfortable bed.
At breakfast a wide menu is offered and the food is excellent.
Craig Villa is in an excellent location with an easy walk over the "bouncey bridge" and Ness River to bus & train stations, restaurants, tourist information & shopping.
I would definitely stay at Craig Villa again.

Room Tip: Check if facing a busy road
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ericabill
Alison M, Owner at Craig Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Hi there, just a quick email to thank you most sincerely for your kind review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Highlands and your stay at Craig Villa Guest House. I hope you had a safe journey home and maybe we'll meet again if you come back to Scotland. Thanks again and best wishes, Alison x

Reviewed 18 July 2012

In February and March 2012, I traveled throughout the UK. Craig Villa Guest House stands out in my mind as one of the top places for lodging during the eight weeks that I was traveling. Alison Mackensie, the owner, is very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Her breakfast menu goes beyond the standard B&B morning meal. In the days that I stayed at Craig Villa Guest House, I was able to have a different, delicious breakfast each morning. My room was clean, comfortable and cozy. During my stay, the entry way and staircase were being repainted. This maintenance work cause me no problems nor discomfort. Alison made sure it was done without disruption to her guests. The painter and I had a very nice conversation each day that he was there, several coats were needed to properly change the color of the hallway and staircase.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Alison M, Owner at Craig Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Hi there, thank you for posting a review on Craig Villa Guest House, it means a great deal. Also thank you for sending pictures of Sam! What a lovely animal he is, and you say he has a lovely nature to go with his good looks! I am certain he will have a long and happy life if you have anything to do with it! Thank you for coming to stay at our B&B and maybe we will meet again one day. Best wishes from (a bit!) sunny Inverness, Alison xx

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I am so happy to have found this B&B for our stay in Inverness! It is one of the best B&B's that we have ever stayed at! Alison was an amazing host! The B&B is located on Kenneth Street, which seems to be a popular street for a lot of B&B's. We parked outside on the street and got free parking since we came in late on Saturday evening and stayed until Sunday morning.

Upon entering, Alison greeted us and gave us a map of the city and some suggestions for dinner. She also showed gave us an overview on the B&B as well as the keys to our room.

The room was amazing and extremely cozy and comfortable! It was also very spacious and large compared to other B&B's that we've stayed in. It had a high ceiling and the room was extremely clean and modern. Our private bathroom was also modern and new! And the room was well heated since it was pretty cold outside. You also get your own private set of keys so you can lock up your items and leave the B&B for some fun in the town and you can come back at any time which is very convenient.

The location of the B&B was great and about 10 minutes walking from the city center. Alison gave us a great dinner recommendation and a great bar recommendation for some good beer!

We were so surprised and happy with the breakfast. We've never seen so many choices offered at a B&B for breakfast before! Alison offered us a menu with a lot of variety and choices of different breakfast items that she could make for us. I had the french toast which was super yummy and comfort food that I was craving from home. My husband had the haggis with a fried egg and bacon and sausage which he loved. It was such a hearty meal that we were stuffed! She also has various different cereals, yogurt, muffins, and toast that you can munch on as well.

Alison was extremely friendly and wonderful to talk to. The communication with her between emails was extremely fast! There is also free wifi within the room which is a great plus!! We absolutely loved our stay. We would go back again and would definitely recommend it to anyone! The value you get for this B&B is well worth it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Hi Guys, thank you very much for your great review! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay, it was great having you here. It was lovely chatting about LA, it just seems so far away and like another world! I would love to visit one day, maybe I'll be lucky enough. The weather should certainly be better there as it certainly can't be any worse than here just now! Thanks again and take care, Alison xx