All reviews guest house restful night short walk to the city centre friendly place to stay dvd player felt like home b b's single room little things the river biscuits an ideal location comfortable bed yogurt stayed for one night would definitely stay here again two night stay
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Alison is in charge of this B&B: breakfast, room and hospitality is upper class.

But the best is to enjoy talking with Alison and live deeply the scotish hospitability, warm welcome an incredible optimistic point of view.

Great Scotch breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

positive: everything was beautiful there, really lovely! Excellent breakfast with a lot of choices, the owner was really really helpful, polite and kind. The room was absolutely clean and very well furbished. Confortable bed (could be a little bigger though).
negative: the shower.. but I noticed this in other guesthouses in the UK..not very strong..
Would stay there again and recommend it.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Wow, just wow. What more can be said about the accommodation provided by Alison at Craig Villa?

I was traveling with three other people, and we all agreed this was by far the best place we stayed while in Scotland. The rooms are spacious and inviting; they have extremely comfortable beds and tea/coffee necessities. We felt right at home.

Alison is a fabulous host. Not only was the breakfast menu filled with many different options, the food was delicious. We usually just skipped lunch because we were still full from breakfast!! We never had a bad breakfast, and Alison was extremely attentive and helpful.

On that same note, Alison went far beyond to help us enjoy Inverness. She had great recommendations for restaurants, and she also would call and make reservations for our party. All in all, she was a great host!!

I would recommend the Craig Villa Guest House to anyone staying in Inverness. It made our visit spectacular!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Alison of Craig Villa makes a traveller very welcome. Her B&B is very clean, with all amenities in the room such as TV and tea/coffee making provisions. Importantly, a very comfortable bed.
At breakfast a wide menu is offered and the food is excellent.
Craig Villa is in an excellent location with an easy walk over the "bouncey bridge" and Ness River to bus & train stations, restaurants, tourist information & shopping.
I would definitely stay at Craig Villa again.

Room Tip: Check if facing a busy road
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ericabill
Alison M, Owner at Craig Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Hi there, just a quick email to thank you most sincerely for your kind review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Highlands and your stay at Craig Villa Guest House. I hope you had a safe journey home and maybe we'll meet again if you come back to Scotland. Thanks again and best wishes, Alison x

Reviewed 18 July 2012

In February and March 2012, I traveled throughout the UK. Craig Villa Guest House stands out in my mind as one of the top places for lodging during the eight weeks that I was traveling. Alison Mackensie, the owner, is very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Her breakfast menu goes beyond the standard B&B morning meal. In the days that I stayed at Craig Villa Guest House, I was able to have a different, delicious breakfast each morning. My room was clean, comfortable and cozy. During my stay, the entry way and staircase were being repainted. This maintenance work cause me no problems nor discomfort. Alison made sure it was done without disruption to her guests. The painter and I had a very nice conversation each day that he was there, several coats were needed to properly change the color of the hallway and staircase.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Alison M, Owner at Craig Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Hi there, thank you for posting a review on Craig Villa Guest House, it means a great deal. Also thank you for sending pictures of Sam! What a lovely animal he is, and you say he has a lovely nature to go with his good looks! I am certain he will have a long and happy life if you have anything to do with it! Thank you for coming to stay at our B&B and maybe we will meet again one day. Best wishes from (a bit!) sunny Inverness, Alison xx