“The Personal Touch”
Review of St Ann's House

St Ann's House
Ranked #9 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great attention to detail by warm hosts Mary Anne and Bob Kenyon. An enjoyable and excellent place in which to stay. Of special note was: the welcome with local information; breakfast; the light and airy breakfast room looking out onto a beautiful garden; excellent free Wi-Fi; quiet position within walking distance of town.

Room Tip: My single room was small but comfortable and has its own separate bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your visit and I am pleased that we were able to help you make the most of your short time in Inverness

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Bob and Mary Ann are really the best hosts ever, really real friendly and they where always happy to help us, giving us tips of what to do and see around town. I travel with my family and 4 years old son. The is free parking place and is a 7-8 minutes walking distance from the downtown, where Bob give us some recommendations for restaurants. The breakfast is superb, and is served in a room with a view of the beautiful garden. The rooms are nice and clean, there is a communal room where you can enjoy and meet the other guest of the house or simply sit in one of the cozy sofas and read your book.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your stay . It is always pleasing to help families enjoy their vacation and we find that they return again and again. Some who have travelled originally with their parents have come back in later years with their friends. It will be some time before your son is in that position but I do hope and you will visit in the future. It was a real pleasure having you stay.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

St Annes is a home away from home. Warm, comfortable and clean, with wifi and TV. Bob and Mary Anne were lovely. Kind, helpful and full of good information. There was a much-needed cup of tea on arrival which means a lot to this traveller. Mary Anne's breakfast was absolutely delicious and eaten while overlooking their beautiful garden - what more could you want?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

When you are on a journey it's always comforting to find a location where you feel at home and I am glad that we were able to do that for you. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I travel with my family and 2 years old son, so Bob offer to us warm the milk for the baby in the evenings.
The is free parking place and is a walking distance from the downtown, where Bob give us some recommendations for restaurants.
The breakfast is superb, and is served in a room with a view of the beautiful garden. The rooms are nice and clean, there is a communal room where you can enjoy a sherry liqueur and meet the other guest of the house or simply sit in one of the cozy sofas and read your book.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

It was a pleasure having you stay and I am pleased you enjoyed our hospitality. St Ann's is a child friendly house with travel cot supplied if necessary, baby food prepared when required and with ideas and recommendations to make your holiday special. Thank you and bring back your family anytime.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

In St. Ann's House I have enjoyed the warm and friendly atmosphere. My room and bathroom were really nice and the breakfast delicious, served in a room with a view to a lovely garden. Peaceful neighbourhood and walking distance to the city center as well as nearby resteaurants and folk music venue. Bob and Mary Anne were a great help to make my stay successful, I would like to come back again many times.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for response. We like to keep in touch with what is happening locally to give guests the best opportunity to experience the area. Inverness is one of the top cities for live music in its pubs, enhancing the visitor experience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

On arrival received a warm welcome. My room was comfortable and had good tv and wi-fi reception. Breakfast was excellent with a great variety of choices. Free parking and great location near city centre. Excellent hosts, I will be back next time I'm in Inverness.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. St Ann's is a great location, as you say, with only a fifteen minute walk to the city centre and easy access for car drivers coming from the A9 or A82.Free unrestricted parking on the street is a bonus and in addition there a number of off-road parking bays at the house. The residents' lounge is an ideal place to catch up on e-mail or why not take your work into our conservatory area, where we can make a table available looking onto a stunning garden.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

In an industry as competitive as hospitality and catering its always extremely satisfying when you find something that exceeds expectations and rewards you with a real sense of value for money. After spending the summer traveling and working in various luxury villas in the south of France as a private chef, naturally expectations were high. I stayed for one night before completing my journey home to the west coast and after a long stressful day in various airports and buses I received a very warm welcome late at night. The room was exceptionally clean and tastefully decorated, the power shower was perfect for massaging my aches and pains after a very long day. Breakfast the next morning was simply perfect. Having stayed in various hotels throughout my summer around the £100 mark (single room), I have noticed breakfast seems to be somewhat forgotten about. We all know it's the most important meal of the day, emphasis on this is clearly delivered by Mary Anne and Bob. I was welcomed with a stunning view of the immaculate garden on a glorious day with the sunshine reflecting of the pond. The birds in the garden provided the perfect background music! As for the food, there is a wonderful display of seasonal fruit, washed, peeled, cut as required. A wide selection of cereals, muesli and porridge cooked to order (not left in a pan all morning!) also fresh fruit juice, tea and coffee. An interesting selection of breads, pancakes and wonderful homemade jam along with various yoghurts. Bob's wonderful Scottish smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and full Scottish breakfast add another sense of exceptional hospitality at a very reasonable price. All this begs the question why would you stay in a hotel and be treated as a number and not as a friend? Thanks again for the perfect stay to end my wonderful summer, see you soon

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

It is always extra satisfying when we receive such a complimentary review from a highly experienced person in the hospitality industry. In my many and varied travels, staying in accommodation ranging from some of the world's top hotels to local guest houses I have always felt that they way you are treated at breakfast lays down a marker for the guest. We have tried to replicate some of the best elements of some fabulous breakfasts. we have experienced.
Local produce is always high on the agenda with eggs from a west coast croft and black pudding from the artisan producer Ritchies of Aultbea . Our continental buffet of cheeses and meats along with various breads are well appreciated as are the ever changing fruit platters. There is such a wide choice of breakfasts I am sure we will see you again when you can try something different.