Strathisla B&B
US$215
US$193
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Glenmoriston Town House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$216
Bunchrew House Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$596
US$286
US$202
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$147
US$136
Travelocity
Travelodge Inverness Fairways(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$110
Travelodge
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$126
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2007

This property is possibly run by a gentleman with severe social issues. He is rude, in your face, enjoys lengthy monologues on irrelevant information, will cackle unnervingly to himself and is constantly monitoring where you are going and what you are doing. He has specific rules for every step of your stay so if you like over the top structure this place might be for you (i.e. lists on the backs of doors and on walls of what you can and can't do). My wife was scolded for having the window ajar while the central heating in the house was on even though she had no control over the heat of the residence and we needed some air!! Also you can't be in the residence between 10am and 4pm as this is his "family time".

His wife and children appear lovely however we had little interaction with them.

The breakfast was bland and unexciting.

The place is clean and well appointed however and the rooms have nice TV's and access to sky which is unusual for B&B's.

Overall Strathisla could be a lovely place to stay if the owner wasn't there!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank joandaaron
Reviewed 14 May 2007

Strathisla B&B – Scottish Nightmare

All it took was 5 minutes at the front door of this disastrous B&B for me to experience what a complete nightmare Strathisla is.

Once we carted our suitcases up to the front door of the Strathisla, I began to search the door for a bell or some sort of method to inform the owners we were there. I must have placed my hand on the door knob when immediately the door flung open and a short, red-haired man started screaming “don’t do that, don’t you do that!” Confused, I listened to this unkempt man accuse me of barging into his house. I was exhausted from our 12 hours trip to Inverness, and was simply looking for a way to let them know we were there to check in.

I tried to apologize and explain that I was just looking for the doorbell, but he cut in and basically told me to shut up, that his “kids were sleeping”. His speech and tone were menacing and threatening.

Next, he rudely scolded us for carting our 25kg suitcases up to the door. He said we needed to carry them and then finally concluded that we could not bring them in. He told us to take our luggage back to the car and that all we should bring in was our toothbrush. He actually wouldn’t let us keep our belongings in the room!

Seeing the look of shock on our 4 faces at his horrid behavior, he finally told us to find somewhere else to stay. It was 9pm, and we were now stuck in a foreign country with no place to stay.

After a 6 hour flight to Dublin, a 1 hour flight to Edinburgh and a 3 and a half hour drive to Inverness, all me and my 3 travel companions were looking for was a decent place to get a good night sleep. We were exhausted yet excited to pack it in and rest up for some exploring the next day. What we were greeted by was a horror that no traveler should have to experience.

Inverness is beautiful, but please avoid the Strathisla B&B at all costs. In 5 minutes I was yelled at for touching a door knob, told to shut up because I was too loud, told I couldn’t keep my bags in my room, and finally asked to leave. He also stole $20 from me when he charged me the deposit on the rooms I reserved. The owner is a sincere maniac and should not be allowed to provide any type of service to anyone. I felt embarrassed and ashamed of my Scottish heritage in front of my friends because of the way we were treated. Please, please avoid this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14  Thank Worldtrvlr319