“Dorm life”

Inverness Youth Hostel
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed for one night. The staff is lovely. The wifi is pricey. The dorm was quiet, especially for its size, showers and toilet round the other side of the bldg which was inconvenient for me at night. The kitchen was so far away we wound up not using it -- too much of a trek for an evening cup of tea. It was a clean hostel but I would probably shop around for something cozier were I to visit Inverness again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie B

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed as part of a bus tour and had booked a private room. It said 'micro' on the key and boy .... was that an accurate description.

It was a bed and a chair. I am glad I had a window. I am not a hostel expert, but it seemed very minimal and the tour guide even said they call the hostel a 'prison'. There was not even a sink in the room. The room also had not actually been made up when I went in and had the last person's sheets etc still on the bed (complete with hairs) so that was a bit squicky.

The lounge in the reception area is nice. It is probably a 10 minute walk from a large supermarket. Not really my cup of tea, but it could have just been the super small private rooms and the building doesn't really have much character. Is very sterile. The staff were lovely though and the cooked breakfast is delicious!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Located close to everything, this hostel met all our needs and then some. The rooms were clean and tidy, not too cramped either, the beds comfortable and the bathrooms clean.
The hostel has excellent self catered kitchens and it is positively massive and also well stocked with the pots and pans that you would need.
With a big Morrisons nearby, there is no worry for getting the items required for you to make yourself a dinner/breakfast.
Free car parking facitlity on request makes it an awesome option as well!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MohdSalim
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

This hostel is about a 15 min walk from the Inverness bus station. It is 5 mins away from a Morrisons supermarket and bus stop to/from the airport. The hostel is very large, with a huge stainless steel self catering kitchen and nice lounge/reception area. The dorm rooms and bathrooms were very clean and orderly.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Elise G
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Thank you for having me to stay at the SYHA Inverness. Jim the duty manager got in touch to offer me a bed while in the final stages of my LEJOG run. I enjoyed a friendly welcome, a great night's sleep and enjoyed some great craic with the residents. Best hostel in Inverness.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JoeMbu
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Due to my own error I booked twice into this hostel and had accidently paid ( don't ask!)
I emailed an enquiry and straight away it was sorted out beyond what I could have expected.
Excellent customer service and I haven't even been there yet!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2012

i was pleasantly surprised when I came here as I thought it was a typical youth hostel, but in fact it was anything but!. I was greeted by a pleasant chap who asked if I had had a plesant journey. I booked a bed as I was only here for the night and I ended up getting a private room. Ok so it was a small ensuite room but it was perfect for the amount of money i paid. All the staff i spoke with were extremely friendly and chatty. It was just painted inside so it was bery fresh and welcoming. I didnt eat here as they have self catering facilities and i was only there for a sleep, but I will definately be back with my friends as I couldnt fault anything.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo