“Fantastic”

Price range: US$33 - US$62
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since it opened in 2002, Rocpool Restaurant ha become an effervescent Inverness brasserie with a loyal fan base. A cool contemporary decor with lots of bare wood and bold colours give a buzzy vibe to the restaurant which is situated in a prime site on the banks of the River Ness. The kitchen has a repotoire of eclectic modern dishes which use Scotland's matchless produce sprinkled with Mediterranean sunshine, plus a pinch of exotic spice here and there.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here last minute and got a table no bother because it was early. The staff where very friendly and the manager even took the time to tell me the myth about The John Dory fish. The food was absolutely amazing! I had mussels with Thai green sauce and he special of John Dory fish with prawns asparagus and a poached egg! It tasted as good as it sounds! I will defo be paying it another visit!

Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Huddersfield
“Even better than expected”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Following the Good Food Guide we ate here on a very busy Monday evening with "early bird" diners overlapping with mid evening diners. Front of house staff were incredibly efficient while never being less than very welcoming.We had a really good laugh at the fact that we had driven almost 400 miles from Huddersfield for dinner! Fortunately we had a very comfortable bed for the night just across the river.
The food was amazingly good without being in any way over complicated. A previous reviewer described the venison loin as "the best ever". Both my wife and I would find that description difficult to argue with. Brilliant starters of the freshest of scallops teamed with very delicate chorizo, and a fabulous beef carpaccio imaginately served with deep fried artichokes were both served in very generous portions. We were running out of steam after the journey and after excellent coffees we left feeling we had rarely eaten better in what is clearly a very happy and professional restaurant. Well done Rocpool, we hope to return one day.

Scotland, UK
“Truly Scrumptious”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Amazing service, fantastic food, splendid surroundings. If this had been my last supper I would want reincarnated immediately.

Scotland, United Kingdom
“Favourite Restaurant Visit in a Long While!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Visited Rocpool Restaurant over school holidays with young daughter and hubby. We booked several Inverness restaurants for the weekend and this was by far our favourite (including liking more than Rocpool Reserve experience).

The place itself looks casual and cool - dark woods and low lighting.

The staff are GREAT. So attentive to the right point. Very helpful at every turn.

The menu made it hard to select just one thing. Our young daughter thankfully ate off the adult menu (no children's menu anyway) and so we were able to sample loads. Everything from bread basket to coffees were delish.

My husband's mussels were soooooooo good! We had the filet steaks and my daughter had the prawn linguine - yum!! I'm not a pudding person but even I had a hard time resisting all the gorgeous desserts. We actually had a family arguement over who's dessert was best as all loved our's (mine was actually the best - pecan pie :)

I wish we had a restaurant like this where I live - we'd be there ALL the time. HIGHLY recommend a visit.

1 Thank soshbfly
Darmstadt, Germany
“First time and not my last”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I ate here last week for the first time as I was invited by friends for lunch. FANTASTIC! !!! The menu is well thought out the service was fast but not rushed as for the food it was perfectly cooked and delicious. There are some very interesting combinations on the menu and everthing I tried was just perfect. The atmosphere was really nice to smart casual without feeling snobby. Thanks Rockpool.