“Good Food”
Review of Room - CLOSED

Room
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good food in a pub style surroundings. Menu not that large but what they have is good. Friendly staff. Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Stephen D

• Greek first
CoB
“Poor drink”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My drink (a pint of lager) was sour, I left it and walked out, and it was most expensive drink of the evening. The kitchen door was wedged open and you see the cooks microwaving the packed meals and plating them up, not a pleasant sight. We won’t be back.

Visited August 2014
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A must if your Inverness my hubby and I visited on a Thursday I has steak £9.99 on Thursday with a glass of wine and he had fish we both has starters and bill came yo £25! There was a duo on with guitar singing banjo and fiddle( not all at the same time) the tourist joined in on a jamming session it was great a must visit place.

• Visited July 2014
Inverness
“Would eat here again!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in for an evening meal after looking at reviews on here I thought it would be a good choice. I was let down. Had a Swiss and bacon burger, the burger tasted off, the bacon was not cooked properly and was really fatty and the burger roll was like charcoal. The man serving wasn't very nice and didn't seem like he wanted to be there. As I was paying at the bar the young girl taking my payment was too busy chatting to friends about how much she was sick on her night out the previous night. I don't think I'll return here in a hurry anytime soon.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank SandyD83
Athens, GA
“Return Visit...Same Great Food/Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I last visited Inverness, and the Room, back in 2011. For a portion of our 2014 trip, we were traveling with friends from Georgia and taking them places that we had enjoyed on past travels to Scotland. Sometimes that works…sometimes, not so much! While passing through Inverness to Fort William, we stopped and took a stroll along the River Ness and then ate at the Room. As before, the place was crowded, but not overly so…and the food and service were just as good as we remembered. The server was friendly and helpful, portions were generous and prices moderate and fair. My friend mentioned that his was the best fish and chips of his trip (he tried several places!) and I highly recommend the sticky toffee pudding. If you get the chance…try the Room.

• Visited June 2014