“Confortable gateway to the area” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Glendruidh House
Ranked #90 of 246 Inverness B&B and Inns
Newport, United Kingdom
“Confortable gateway to the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We can recommend Glendruidh House which is just out of town and away from the hustle, though its only a short trip away. Ideal gateway to the Highlands , Ness side, Cairngorms etc. The breakfasts were excellent with particularly good local black pudding and haggis for those that like them. Michael is an excellent host and very knowledgeable about the area if you want information and recommendations for visits. We saw deer, pheasants and a badger in the garden during the time of our stay!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul A
glendruidh, Owner at Glendruidh House, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Great!! you saw all three, the badgers, the deer and the pheasants. Not unusual to see one of them but to see all three fantastic.
The black pudding and the haggis are great. I think the best in the area, we get them from Cockburns in Dingwall. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

My Tom Tom got me to where I was to go, unfortunately the day I drove to Inverness from Perth I went thruogh a one in thirty year storm, if only the debris would not hit the car and the windscreen I thought only to be further challanged by fallen trees. I was to have taken the scenic route via Braemar to Balmoral and then on the Inverness but with road closures and a wasted two hours I backtracked it to Perth and started again up the A9, boring yes but no debris. Upon arrival at this House I was really pleased I selected it as my Inverness accommodation. My host, John attempted me to see the sights of Inverness but alas I was worn out by concentrating on staying alive, oh well another time in Inverness. My room was superb as was the very large guest lounge downstairs. Too tired for dinner allowed me to saviour breakfast and I was not disappointed. Just ;oved the porridge. Stay here and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Serene location so any room will do.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very warm welcome and we couldnt have asked for more attention to all our needs, simple but well cooked and tasty breakfast. This is a small, quiet and friendly hotel without a large staff, so saying that i beleive they run it to a very high standard. Our room was delightful and we had everything thing we could have needed included. The only reason i say that it is expensive, is if you were staying here as a lone traveller, i think staying could very quickly become very expensive. For a couple, however, there are cheaper places to stay but i cannot have any complaints.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob T
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Read ONE bad review before my own visit, DON'T BELIEVE, try yourself !
Stayed Friday, Saturday, left after breakfast on Sunday. Very friendly and
comfortable, Michael knowledgeable and very attentive, place is spotless,
food excellent. Try the venison, mmmm. Start the day with a superb break
fast to keep you going till lunch. Was our first visit and although not often
in Inverness, would be without a doubt the place to stay. My wife and I were
very happy with our short stay, thank you Michael and Christine.

Richard n Margaret Stewart.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard S
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We were welcomed at the front door late at night....and we did feel welcome. Like arriving at your friends house.
The decor is Victorian with lovely furniture. Had a good nights sleep in a comfy bed, followed by a decent breakfast. Will arrive earlier next time and try to see the badgers.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed two seperate nights with a friend. Mike was friendly, helpful and very accomodating, especially since he kept the little bar open way past the normal closing time one evening! He is also very knowledgable on various topics, and we had a great time talking with him.

The house itself is very dramatic and lovely, with large grounds and plenty of parking. Our room was clean and large, on an upper floor where we could look out our window onto his beautiful gardens! A small stream outside led to a wonderful night being lulled to sleep by rushing water.

Breakfast was delicious and filling, kudos to Mike's wife, the chef! We also ate dinner there one evening, which was delicious! I will repeat another reviewers statement that the venison burgers are yummy!

All in all, I would stay here over and over. The service was exceptional, as was the food and the accomodations were fantastic. If only it hadn't rained (heavily), I would have taken a walk up the hill to check out the standing stones!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

I have stayed with Mike and Christine on several occasions and each time they are amazing, from Mike's company in the evening to Christine's delightful cuisine - the venison burgers are delicious. Mike is highly attentive and is always around to help as and when required
This is a small hotel close to Inverness but has the charm of being away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the rooms are spacious and the one I always stay in has a good size shower and bathroom. There is a small bar which now has local brews in bottles - the William Wallace is a lovely pint though a bit of a bite for an Englishman!!
Set in its own quiet grounds with ample parking I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business