“Good food”

Ranked #108 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Snow Goose offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have eaten here a few times now as it's the closest to the hotel that I use the foods I have had has all bean good although there's not a lot on the menu that appeals to me personally staff have all bean fine and atmosphere good

Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have been here before, but not for a few years, so decided to go for my second birthday night out, as these friends coudn't go to the other. We took our kids and they had their own menu, which even had steak on it. They felt so grown up. The starters and main courses were lovely and plentiful, so many of us couldn't manage a sweet. The meals are freshly cooked, so you do wait a little bit, but we thought worth it.
Our first waitress was lovely, but had a child emergency and had to go, the second was not as friendly and spoilt it a bit.
Would go again

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The meal was great and the dessert was spectacular!!!!
The meals were reasonably priced. The menu was quite large with a lot of variety. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm staying at a hotel nearby and we can walk to this restaurant. I've now eaten here twice during my visit and each time was very good. I first got the salmon which was juicy and perfectly cooked. The service is good and the atmosphere is very cool - a little of traditional mixed with a touch of today.

I rec grabbing a bite here if your passing through or staying nearby. And grab a pint or two as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We visited The Snow Goose as a fairly large party, and even although I had only booked the table 3 hours before the staff were very accommodating.

We were given ample space in the corner of the restaurant, were seen to very quickly and staff regularly checked on our progress.

All the orders turned up fairly quickly and correctly - always good for a large group!

My only complaint came as a bit of a surprise when the bill arrived and we saw the price they were charging for a shot of vodka... I nearly fell over (and not from the size of the drink before anyone suggests it)

Apart from that a really nice night in a relaxing atmosphere