“John and Jayne B.”

Ben Nevis Guest House
Ranked #17 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Superb Guest House. Good sized bedroom with en-suite. Spotlessly clean and tidy, could not
fault anything. Very friendly and helpful staff. Range of different breakfasts available, to suit all
tastes. The car park is a good size. Location to Ben Nevis, other walks and Fort William is excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My boyfriend and I left it to the last minute to book accommodation in Fort William. I called Ben Nevis Guest House and was greeted on the phone with a very welcoming voice. It took us over 11 hours to drive from Kent and were welcomed when we arrived. We were so glad to have a large room, a comfortable bed and a hot shower all encased in beautiful house surrounded by a quant garden and stunning views. Rooms were neat and fresh and very reasonably priced. We stayed for two nights and the owners were friendly and helpful, answering every question we threw at them. Breakfast was very well cooked and I especially loved the Haggis. Ben Nevis walking trail is literally around the corner and we enjoyed the challenge of climbing the UK's highest mountain. If you turn the other way out of the guest house, you only have to walk 10 minutes to be in the centre of Fort William. We were very happy with our stay and couldn't fault Ben Nevis Guest House. Thank you, we would certainly return.

Room Tip: We were in a double room and it was such a good size for us. We had space for our bags and plenty of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lutece B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at 9 hotels during our road trip in Scotland, and we all agreed this was the best. It ticked every box : lovely comfortable rooms, clean, good shower facilities and toilet, friendly but unobtrusive host, comfortable beds, good location near the centre, and wonderful home cooked breakfast. Exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy G
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I were visiting friends in Fort William when we pre-booked this guest house. I pulled off Glen Nevis road into the roomy car park and parked up. On entering we were greeted by a very friendly, pleasant lady who asked us about our trip to Fort William. We told her about us visiting friends and our pleasant day at the beach (that I would highly recommend). We were shown to our large family room which was only a few steps from the front door and we got busy unpacking. The room was extremely spotless and beds were made to a high standard, I was happy and I lay down next to my wife and began annoying her with my plan to climb Ben Nevis with my eldest daughter the next day.

When I lay down I noticed the beds were a little harder than what I was used to (our bed in Manchester England is very cosy and soft and I made a natural comparison and this could be me just nit picking!) and I'm sure I felt the mattress spring was digging into my side slightly, but my wife assured me she was very comfortable as were the kids and this was probably me moaning and griping about something as always...

The next morning after I slept some 5 hours (my fault possibly making plans as usual in my head!) we awoke and found a very nice hot shower, huge bathroom and very spacious, pleasantly decorated room a pleasure to behold. We set off for breakfast inside a very warm giant sized conservatory facing an excellent view of the mountain range. We noticed there was juices and milk on offer and a very friendly nice man (the owner) came in sharpish to greet us. We had already chosen the breakfast items on a sheet in our room the night before so everything was very well organised and clearly well run by experienced people. We sat and chatted away whilst the owner returned with a very large sized impeccable quality breakfast. Honestly the man couldn't have been more pleasant and nice and was wiling to assist us in anyway he could.

After we ate our hearty breakfast, we had a quick chat and headed out to climb the Ben. We had a great day and the following day the service and quality of food was immensely amazing as usual! 5/5 thank you I would return here and stay with you with my family again certainly.

My only gripe of the stay would be the mattress (or my side of the mattress) but this maybe because I'm a soft Englishman and like luxury comfort! shut up and go to sleep was my premise for the next night... :-) and stop being a moaning old fart (at 32!).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 25,095,224
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Located within walking distance to both town and railway station. Room and bathroom were very clean and well maintained.
Breakfast was served in a very light and warm conservatory at the front of the house. Scottish breakfast was superb. Fantastic value for money.
Great help from the owners on walks in the immediate area, Neptune's Staircase is well worth a visit. Good advice on where to eat personally our favourite was Crannog superb fish restaurant on the edge of the loch.
Only criticism was that they didn't have facilities to take credit cards, there were however plenty of cash machines in Fort William.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The pictures do not do justice to the large family room with BIG en-suite. We were very comfortable and perfectly placed to hike Glen Nevis, see waterfalls, explore more of the coast and Glen Coe. Graeme was very knowledgeable and helpful to all--he knew about weather and trail conditions at the top of Ben Nevis, all the local train and bus schedules, where Harry Potter had been filmed, and had great ideas for what do to if it rains. And I'd like to point out for the Americans that the bathroom did NOT have double taps, just a lovely adjustable single tap--that's right, it was possible to wash your hands without scalding them! (I have no idea why the UK so loves separate hot and cold taps but it's one of those little things that can drive you bonkers--I hate being either burned or frozen.) Anyway, our entire family enjoyed our stay and we'd HIGHLY recommend Ben Nevis Guest House!

Room Tip: Ground floor family room was roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RaisingGlobalKids
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Really nicely appointed B&B, with friendly helpful hosts. The beds had little cuddly toys sitting between the cushions, which I thought was a nice touch. Chocolate biscuits with the tea tray too!
Breakfast was spot on - a menu was provided to make your selection the night before, including their own free range eggs (delicious!). Breakfast is served in the conservatory, which was light & airy.
When we mentioned we were thinking of going on the steam train to Mallaig, our host recommended that we got to the station before 9am to join the queue, which we did - without his help, we wouldn't have got tickets.
We left early on our departure day, and we were kindly provided with a packed breakfast for the train - given we only mentioned this the evening before we departed, I thought that was excellent service.
Maybe it's not the most centrally located, but that meant no traffic rumbling past the door, and it's only 10 minutes walk down into town.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends