Torlinnhe Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$216
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
US$314
US$299
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
US$91
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$897
US$810
Agoda.com
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$223
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
The Lime Tree(Fort William)
TripAdvisor
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsandy and sueb bbuffet tablelounge breakfast roombiscuitspicture windowcooked breakfastperfect hostsfresh fruit saladon arrivaldvd playerguest loungeoverlooking loch linnhetriple roombreakfast was amazinga great stayfull scottish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Faultless what more can I say! Great breakfast, great options, I had smoked salmon, scrambled eggs with oatcakes one morning. Then fresh scottish raspberries with local honey & greek yoghurt the next. Very refreshing to see this nice little touch instead of your usual fry up. Very clean & great room size for a B&B. They even offer freshly made tea & coffee on returning after your day in the lounge which is a lovely touch. The owners are very welcoming. It is about 10/15 min walk from the centre but that wasn't really an issue.

• Stayed: June 2012
AMK_Fortwilliam, Owner at Torlinnhe Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

What a generous review Robtwed! So glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. We try to cater for all tastes at breakfast with a varying mix of fresh fruit, cereals, muesli, croissant, pastries, toast, cheeses, fruit juices and of course a full Scottish breakfast for those that need something hot and substantial to get them going in the mornings. We reckon there is so much to do in the area and you will be so busy enjoying yourself that you definitely need a really good start to the day - just in case you forget lunch. The longer you stay the more things we can find for you to pack your time with. Unless of course, feet up in the lounge with complimentary tea or coffee, is your idea of heaven occasionally - in which case "welcome to paradise"!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have just returned from my second visit to Andy and Sue's lovely house and it was just as good as the last time. Perfect peace and quiet with lovely hosts, food and rooms. I hope to return again later this year. Thanks again Andy and Sue for another lovely stay.
William and Sean from Cork, (amateurs when it comes to the hills but we try:-).

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post a second review liam d. It was a relief to hear that we continued to meet your expectations and that you found your stay peaceful and relaxing once again. We would love to see you again this year if you can make it back to the Outdoor Capital. The hills aren't going anywhere and (hopefully) neither are we!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed at Torlinnhe overnight early in February on a business trip to Ardnamurchan. Wonderful welcome after a long drive, with coffee and biscuits and a view of the loch from the picture window. Room and facilities were as good as any hotel I have stayed in. Room was modern, fresh, spotless and welcoming, and bed very comfy. En-suite shower room looked as if it had never been used before, it was so clean and sparkly. Breakfast next morning was plentiful and superb and I would recommend thisgem of a place to anyone. A truly 10 star experience. - thank you.

Room Tip: All facilities are fabulous.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Fificat_12 for your very kind review. We are so glad you found your stay enjoyable. Hopefully a comfortable night's sleep and a good breakfast will have set you up for a positive day's business before your long journey back home again. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in or passing through Fort William.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

The only “Problem” with the Torlinnhe Guest House is that TripAdvisor only allows a maximum of 5 stars to be awarded – I would cheerfully give them 10, or 100. And yes, it really is that good. I stayed for one night as a stopping off point on my way to Skye from Oban, as part of an impromptu “road trip” which started out as a 2-day break, but ended up as a week away, so much did I enjoy the West Coast of Scotland.

Room: I booked the “single” room as I was travelling alone, and frankly the pictures do not do it justice; yes, it's a single bed room, but it's deceptively spacious, and the en-suite bathroom was well appointed, with modern fixtures and fittings, and (like the entire place) spotlessly clean. I'm somewhat obsessive about cleanliness where rooms and hotels are concerned, and this exceeded by far even my exacting standards – it was clean to a degree not usually seen these days, least of all in very reasonably priced guest house – the condition of the room and en-suite would have been impressive in a 5-star hotel. Sue & Andy, the owners, are simply 2 of the loveliest, most friendly people you're likely to meet, and they have that quality that all great hoteliers and hosts have, that of being warm and genuinely friendly, without being overbearing or intrusive. They make it look easy, because that's their natures – it's not an act. When I arrived Andy offered me a coffee. I expected an instant (which would have been fine) but no; he went out of his way to make me a proper coffee, and jolly lovely, and welcome, it was too.

When I asked about dinner, somewhat wary because I'd be warned by several friends that eating out in Fort William can be a somewhat hit-and-miss affair, Andy suggested several options, and I selected The Grog & Gruel (see other review) which was first-rate. And to top it off he even offered me a free lift into town, to save some money on a cab fare. You really could not ask for more. An excellent meal and beers followed, as then did an excellent night's sleep – the Torlinnhe is so quiet and peaceful that anyone should be able to get a good night's rest, and the bed was also great; supportive without being too hard – I have a bad back, and so tend to notice poor quality mattresses, but this was spot on.

Breakfast the next morning was absolutely lovely; the locally sourced bacon, black pudding and sausages were all outstanding, as were the mushrooms and most especially the scrambled eggs, which were perfectly done, with a light touch and not overcooked the way so many places do them. Kudos to Sue on the eggs front, as she apparently was the one responsible.

So, to sum up; lovely room, spotlessly clean, outstanding hosts, and a superb breakfast, and all for a price I considered extremely reasonable. Anyone needing a guest house in this area should look first and foremost at the Torlinnhe, because I know I'll be going back whenever I'm in the area. I'd also like to thank Andy & Sue for their kindness and hospitality, and for making a simple overnight stay into something just that little bit special. Combined with the Grog & Gruel, it lifted the rather ordinary town of Fort William into a really enjoyable day & evening.

PS: The review SHOULD have ended there, but due to a hotelier on the Isle Of Skye letting me down (badly!), I made a last-ditch, late afternoon call to Andy & Sue, and Sue very kindly squeezed me into another room, the day after my first stay. Room 5 is the “twin” room, and is every bit as good as the single room I’d had the night before, as was the breakfast the day after. Many, many thanks to Andy & Sue, and I promise not to turn up again for a while! All the very best to you both for your continued, well-deserved success.

Room Tip: Room 4 is the single room, Room 5 is the Twin. Both are excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
AMK_Fortwilliam, Owner at Torlinnhe Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Well BBear2008 what can we say? We obviously made an impression! Thank heavens it was a good one. Thank you so much for such a generous and comprehensive review. Sorry you were let down elsewhere but obviously Skye's loss was our gain - it was pleasure to have you with us - on both nights. We hope we will see you again before too long. There is still a huge amount to see and do within reach of Fort William - why not stay three days or more next time and take advantage of our longer stay deals?

Reviewed 13 February 2013

It took a while but when we finally did ...
We were welcomed with a pot of tea and cookies, watching the amazing view of the lake from the leaving room.
The room was very spacious and very modern. They even have electric windows which shut down when it rains. Beds were perfect.
The breakfast was the best we had in Scotland - great food and plenty of variety, including fruits and pastries.
The host, Andy, is extremely nice and a pleasant person. We had a great talk during breakfast ...

The best b&b we stayed at in Scotland !!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
AMK_Fortwilliam, Owner at Torlinnhe Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

A guest review is always welcome EranBr, especially one as generous as yours! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in October. Hopefully we will see you again next time you make it back to Scotland. Meantime enjoy your travels.