“Excellent”

Blythedale Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #63 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights and this is quite frankly, the cleanest home I have ever seen, including my own. If I could take Audrey home with me I would. Breakfast was wonderful and the view is spectacular. Thank you for an enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed two nights and the accommodation was excellent. The room and ensuite was clean with views of the local deer from our window. The breakfast was excellent and the landlady kindly made us a takeaway breakfast for our last morning there as we had to leave early to catch our train.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Everything about this place was so great. It is very close to the centre. I enjoyed my breakfast, all the ingredients were local. I had a lovely loch view from my window. So lovely and quiet. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend this place to anyone planning to visit Fort William.
Stayed April 2014, travelled with my boyfriend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here for a night. Place was easy to find based on the instructions available on their website. The room was clean and cosy. The bathroom was well equipped with towels,soap, shampoo etc unlike some pricier hotels that try skimping on these. Breakfast was good too. Only problem I had was being told that we could not bring food into the room. I was bone tired from the long drive from Edinburgh and all I wanted to do was crash into the bed. On such days we usually resort to one of those products that need just some hot water or my husband gets me some take away. I think the rule should be mentioned in their reservation confirmation mails. But other than this hiccup we were quite satisfied with this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Set uphill and one street back from the main road.Good views of Loch Linnhe although we didn't see it for the mist and rain.Large comfortable room. Within 20 mins walking distance from the town.Our room was at the back of the house and it was quiet overnight.
Everything you would expect to have in a B&B.including a pleasant, shared sitting room for guests.
Very good breakfast.
Only disadvantage was the 4pm check- in.
Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed at Blythedale for two nights with my husband and my parents. The decor of the rooms wasn't really my style, but they were very clean and much bigger than in any of the other B&B's we stayed during our Scotland trip. Very nice view of the water from our window as well. Audrey is a good cook and there were lots of options at breakfast. My husband was excited to have haggis and black pudding for breakfast each day!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Cannot praise this lovely B&B too highly! Excellent location, lovely views across the Loch, a very warm welcome from the owner, rooms furnished and equipped to a very high standard, very clean, very comfortable and an absolutely EPIC Scottish breakfast which kept us going all day! Would unhesitatingly recommend it. We had a brilliant two night stay and would very happily return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family