“Very comfortable”
Review of Taransay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Taransay
Ranked #54 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights in single room with en-suite. Room was small but comfortable with small but adequate wardrobe. Bathroom was very clean and I'm getting used to small shower stalls ( I'm a big guy). Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Another guest was vegan and she had been supplied with special food, while another couple of guests were also provided with special food. With 24 hours notice apparently this can be done and is an example of how helpful and thoughtful the hosts are. Paul was able to suggest things to do and places to go. I followed one of his suggestions and he was right about it. B &B is a little out of town as other reviewers have stated. A little warning - the road in is a bit tricky. There is a sharp turn off the main road and another sharp turn on the hilly road to the B & B.

Room Tip: Fort William has lots of accommodation places but they fill up very quickly so book ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at the Taransay for 6 nights. The room (single) was good. The breakfast was a great start to the day. The host was very friendly and helpful. The location was just 15 minutes from the town center (2 minutes by car).

Wonderful views from the breakfast room are included.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Taransay, Helpful, well-informed host and a good breakfast and lovely clean room. Nothing to complain about. Would stay there again The view from the breakfast room is excellent. As I was on my own the single room was a good size for my needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The 10 days I spent in Scotland were perfect and choosing the Taransay as my accommodation for the duration of my trip played a large part in what made my adventure so magical.
The bedroom was fresh, spacious & maintained daily.
I found my initial choice of breakfast so enjoyable that despite having a variety of alternatives to select from, each morning I stuck to the same one.
An activity & sight seeing pack was left in my room which made sure I didn't miss a thing.
Paul was always on hand to give advise & directions too so I was never left in any doubt as to where to go, how to get there & how long it would take.
The location ideal, just a short Loch side stroll (25min) saw me in town where I had a choice of eateries, supermarkets, bars, shops, post office, bus station, cruise docks & tourist information centres.
There's no excuse to have anything but an agreeable stay at the Taransay.
Your urged to inform the very accessible owners of any concerns or requests you may have so they can ensure your holiday experience is the best it can be. And you really can tell that it's important to them.
My requests were few as the majority of I what I desired was provided, but when I did ask for a favour Paul & his family were most obliging.
I arrived as a stranger but I really feel like I left as part of the family.

I will return to Fort William and there is only one place I will be staying, I can highly recommend the Taransay to other travellers.

Sam O'Donoghue

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Taransay-Owner, Owner at Taransay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Comments such as these make all our efforts to help people have a brilliany holiday worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Having just spent 10 delightful days touring Scotlands B&B's based on the reviews in TripAdvisor I swear that we must have stayed at a different place as we were very disapointed with our experience. We had a downstairs double with a shower with mould from half way down and dirt all around the skirting boards. The host and friend watched TV above us late into the night, at least it seemed late as there was no sitting room in which our family could meet up in and sit so we were all into our rooms quite early. The floor/ceiling squeaked with every movement. All in all a terrible 2 nights sleep.
The breakfast offering was just OK. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John W

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us unlike just about every other recent reviewers. If there was a problem it would have been nice to have been advised sooner than when you left or posted this review, we always are approachable and would have done our best to improve your stay. We do not have a guest lounge like a lot of B&B's in Fort William and you are our first guests who wanted one. Maybe if this was so important you should have confirmed there was one on our website or phoned us to ask when booking. Our reviews all show very good cleanliness not mould in showers and we turn our television right down at night so it does not disturb guests. Our breakfast gets exceptional comments with offerings such as Great Glen Game Venison charcuterie (taste awards and used by michelin starred chefs) and Scotch Smoked Salmon. Many comment on the size and quality of our cooked breakfasts.Plus we always endeavour to help guests enjoy their holiday by suggesting trips, places to see walks if required in conversation at breakfast. We are here to help take pride in our service.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Last minute booking for 3 nights as our river cruise was cancelled due to flooding in Europe. Got into the family room as all other rooms were booked. Did not expect much as it was our last minute arrangement but what a nice surprise: -
Very friendly hosts - Paul is informative on local matters, and is extremely helpful in recommending places to visit and to eat.
En suite bedroom was spacious, clean, and well appointed. Lovely hot shower, comfy beds, tv (with dvd), free internet, tea/coffee/biscuits etc.
Quiet location, yet within walking distance to Fort William town centre - which is good as my husband likes to stretch his legs.
Nice and relaxing breakfast - A good start to the day, not only because of the very good food, but also because of the window view from the breakfast room onto Loch Linnhe and the hills across the lake. I also like the sturdy wooden breakfast tables.
A lovely and relaxing stay. Highly recommended. Will definitely come again when in this part of the country.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed here for a day. As a solo traveller, stayed In a single room with a private bathroom. Hosts - friendly and attentive. Faculties - clean and comfy. Good breakfast. Excellent location close to fort William town centre. Highly recommended. Not sure about the ensuite rooms - hence 4 stars.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo