“Very friendly with excellent standards”
Review of Braeside House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Braeside House
Ranked #7 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Very friendly with excellent standards”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were a party of four travelling to Applecross unfortunately we had only one night stay, Paul and Aileen were perfect hosts. The rooms were very clean and the location is only a few minuets walk away from the town. Breakfast was perfect and really set you up for the day. Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Sadly, my husband and I only got to stay here one night before we departed for Skye but we had a lovely time. Paul and Aileen were very hospitable. The house is just a few minutes from town and is so pretty. Breakfast was served looking out at a beautiful view and the food was quite yummy. I could have lingered on just enjoying sitting there and the view but we had to get going. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast if you're staying in Fort William.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had three enjoyable nights at Braeside House. Paul and Aileen gave us a lovely welcome and they are really such helpful and nice people. When booking ask for Room 1 the views over Loch Linnhe are just amazing and we found the room to be comfortable and clean. The views from the area where you enjoy the delicious and comprehensive breakfast make it just that extra bit special. You must try Aileen's home made bread. Also with in easy walking distance of the town. A very pleasant stay and a excellent B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John E
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Braeside House , and the two fantastic people who run it , is a very special place .I have
travelled extensively all around Scotland over the past several years , and have stayed in many
places ,from the biggest hotels to the smallest B & B`s . I recently spent 3 nights at Braeside
House in Fort William on my latest trip around the Highlands ,and I can say honestly that it has
been my favourite place of all the places I have stayed at so far .
From the minute I arrived ( despite the fact I was much too early , I just wished to drop off my
bag ) , I felt absolutely at home .The most comfortable I have felt anywhere in all my ramblings.
Paul and Aileen are simply two of the kindest , personable people I have met ,Scotland or anywhere actually , and as everyone else on the reveiws here seem to say , absolutely nothing seems to be too much trouble for them .
I found them to be genuinely happy to be doing what they are doing ( and I can imagine it is not
an easy thing ) , and pleased to continue to meet new folks .
Braeside House itself I found to be a wonderful place , and yes , the views are everything that
everyone keeps saying that they are .It was a very comfortable ,and clean place to stay , and had everything that I needed .I can imagine that if it hadn`t , all I would have had to do was ask ,
and Paul or Aileen would have gotten it for me !
The setting is very close to town , everything within walikng distance if you so chose , and very
quiet as well .I can only speak for myself , and as I said I felt completely at home and at ease
from the moment I entered . I can imagine I`m probably not the only one who has felt that way .
As far as I am concerned , you cannot go wrong choosing to stay here , and definately would be hard pressed to find any nicer people anywhere than these two wonderful human beings .
I for one shall be going back . My hats off to you both Paul and Aileen .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights and really can't complain. I had my two dogs with me and they were made welcome in the B and B. Room was tidy and very clean, breakfast fab :-)
Nice park to walk the dogs round as well just round the corner to the bandb.
Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nicola O
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We spent just a night here and ee really loved it: everything was perfect, Paul and Allen are incredibly kind and friendly, the room was clean and tidy, the breakfast was tasty. We couldn't ask for something better! We definetely suggest it! Wonderful! :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our stay with Paul and Aileen at Braeside was amazing. We have recently moved up to fort william and stayed with them on our first week here. They were amazingly helpful in telling us places to go which are dog friendly, babysat the dogs while I was out sorting out housing. A wonderful couple who will give you the warmest of welcomes to thier very lovely home with rooms that are really comfortable, clean and just really nice. Will definately send friends and family to stay there when our house is to full!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple