“Very friendly B&B”
Review of Gowan Brae House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Gowan Brae House
Ranked #34 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed for one night before the start of the GGW. Very friendly and our room was lovely. Nice touch having corkscrew and full size toiletries in our room. Breakfast was great, my vegan husband was more than happy with his tomatoes and mushrooms on toast. My breakfast cranachan is something I will try. At home! The location is perfect for exploring the town car free!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Home comforts included wine glasses and corkscrew, Maltesers hot choc and Taxi biccies, standard sized toiletries (none of that rationing miniatures business).
Lovely host, did us an early breaky due to morning flight.
Breakfast choices where great, I had a fish cake & poached egg and my girlfriend had cranachan (cream, oats and fruit), both lovely tasting and lovely looking!
Good central location, with parking and quiet street.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Welcoming and clean guest house in a good location. We were walking the Great Glen Way and this was an ideal starting point. At £50 for 2 people including breakfast very good value for money. My only negative point would be the pillows - I didn't find them easy to get comfy on!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on a spontaneous weekend away. Lovely room with a fantastic view! We were greeted warmly by the owner, and she gave helpful suggestions about where to eat, and plans for the next day (both of which we took and enjoyed!)

Breakfast was delicious - very generous portions of hot fresh food, and a lovely selection of options to choose from. Will absolutely be recommending this to any friends or family who are planning a visit, it really made our weekend away great :)

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights while doing a triathlon. The bikes were very kindly put in the shed on our arrival and retrieved after breakfast ready for our nice cycle in a blizzard. Breakfast was excellent and carefully cooked to order, mushroom free! Room was a good size, warm and very clean. Great value and great hosts!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The owner of this B&B did us a huge favor after I had booked a room for the wrong night in July 2012. We were stopping over night and the location of the hosue was close walking distance to restaurants, pubs shops ect. we wern't lucky enought to have an adjoing bathroom but the one we did have was clean and had bath products. The room was nice and clean and offered the basics- coffee hot chocolate and a sink and hairdryer. The TV was exceptionally small and the beds were well used however the service and delicious breakfast made it easier to overlook the negitives. Anne provided me with extras I was needing and I liked the breakfast card idea! I would stay here again and its very good value for the price!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed at the Gowan Brae for two nights in late October whilst on a 5 day round-Scotland rail trip, taking in Glasgow, Oban and Mallaig. Though I was travelling alone, Jim kindly gave me the double room without charging the extra supplement, as it was off-season and they were quiet. Conveniently located just 5 mins walk (downhill) from the town centre and the numerous bars and eateries, this B&B turned out to be an excellent find and exceeded my expectations! The en-suite double room was spotlessly clean, with a comfortable bed and a fine view overlooking Loch Linnhe. Special mention must go to the excellent breakfast which was generous and perfectly prepared - I had the house speciality smoked fish cakes and poached eggs on both mornings, which was absolutely delicious! Jim and Anne are very friendly and welcoming hosts, with Anne's family having owned the place for 3 generations. I would thoroughly recommend Gowan Brae to anyone who's looking for a good standard of B&B in Fort William at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo