“Conny & René are wonderful! Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Ardblair Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 120 Fort William B&B and Inns
“Conny & René are wonderful! Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were welcomed at the door by Conny & René, our room was beautiful (we had the Golden Suite). Ardblair is a stones throw from town, it took us 5 mins to walk to the Crannog Seafood Restaurant. Breakfast at Ardblair was lovely and they worked around our plans which was lovely and contributed to a very chilled out weekend! René was so kind in telling us about the history of Fort William and suggested things to see and do! A wonderful couple! I would recommend staying here to anyone. Many thanks Conny & René :)

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

When I arrived at this B&B I was wringing wet, having been tramping around in the pouring rain for over 30 minutes thing to find it. It may be only 5 minutes from the station, however the lack of street signage at the start of the walk to the B&B made things difficult from the outset.

Once located, Fassifern Road proved to be largely unsafe for a pedestrian dragging a suitcase - the footpath is either too narrow or non-existent. On the basis of the bad weather, and unsafe pedestrian access, I eventually gave up, returned to the railway station and got a taxi.

The house is located at the top of a flight of garden stairs (no handrail).

I was greeted warmly by my hosts, and got help with my luggage. I was, however,none too happy about being questioned about what time I wanted breakfast the following morning, while I'm standing on the carpet, still in my wet clothes and the water dripping off them. My host could see me rummaging around to find my travel documents (to check bus schedule for following day) but didn't offer to give me time to get settled first before giving him this information.

Breakfast is pre-ordered the night before - how on earth are you supposed to know what you'll feel like eating for breakfast 12 hours in advance? I agree with previous comments that this system must be for the benefit of the proprietors rather than their guests.

Having said that, my breakfast (porridge) was well-prepared and tasty.

As I require a walk-in shower I was accommodated in the Pink Room. The water from the shower was wonderfully hot and the water pressure very good. The bathroom is very spacious; the bedroom has enough floor space for one person - two people, plus luggage, would struggle in that room.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

On the day I left, I needed an early breakfast (0630) which wasn't a problem for my hosts and I was driven to the railway station to ensure I arrived in time for my train.

I'd consider staying again.

Room Tip: If you are considering walking from the railway station with your luggage - don't. Get a taxi i...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed at Ardblair for a long weekend of winter mountaineering in early February. Both Rene and Conny were so accommodating and friendly. They made us feel like we were at home and nothing was too much trouble. We needed early starts because of the short days so they made breakfast for us at 7:15 each day, informed us of anything we needed and always showed an interest in our activities and chatted to us each day about our adventures. The room was well heated, spotlessly clean and very hot water. Proximity to the town center is superb, literally 2 minutes - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We were a family of 6 adults travelling together en route to the north of Scotland. This b and b in Fort William was comfortable with large bedrooms and very comfortable beds. Our bathroom didn't have a shower but did have a lovely deep clawfoot tub. The breakfasts were good, although the breakfast room was quite small. The owners were very welcoming and accommodating. I would recommend this b and b.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Owners were very pleasant and quite funny. Excellent breakfast served. Rooms were spacious and clean. Location a bit tricky since road construction was underway - situated on a steep hill but car park is available.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

While touring the UK with friends we spent a night at the Ardblair Bed & Breakfast Fort William. All in all it was fantastic. The rooms were clean and well maintained, the breakfast was fantastic, car parking was available, the location was fantastic etc etc. I would totally recommend this place. Ian & Judy Australia

Room Tip: If you plan to stay at Fort William, stay at the Ardblair B&B, you wont regret it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leon W
HK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed in the Golden room. The room is very spacious and comfortable. Very convenient location, only 10 min walk to the railway station and bus station, only 2 minutes walk to Crannog Seafood Restaurant which is very good at seafood.

The hosts, Rene and Conny are very nice and really good hosts. On the morning we left, we need to catch up train at 7:30am. They don't mind getting up early to cook breakfast for us and even drove us to the train station. Really lovely hospitality.

Room Tip: Golden room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple