“Excellent pub - food & drink”
Review of The Crofter

The Crofter
Ranked #14 of 71 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

On the first night of a visit to Fort William (May 17/18) I dropped into The Crofter. Was planning to have a meal further down the street.................but a single pint became several as the food being served around me was too good to resist. The Haggis followed by The Chicken & Leek Tagliatelle were superb. So good that I was enticed back again the following night and ordered the exact same. Good food, attentive staff – both behind the bar and serving food. Take a bow – (un)fortunately didn’t get to see any other pubs in FW on this occasion!

3  Thank JackSir

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Great job on the food guys good pub meal service was very good nice and pleasant. Just please sort out the coffee I know it's a pub but you do advertise outside Lavazza but the cappuccino I had was really really bad I came in a second time just for a cappuccino and again really bad. Otherwise great ambiance I would def recommend it to anyone.
Thanks

1  Thank Sean R
crofterbar, Owner at The Crofter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi SeanR,

Many thanks for your review but I was disappointed to hear that the coffee you were served was not up to your expectation. I can categorically assure you that we only use Lavazza café crème beans as advertised and would not risk advertising something I don't use as this would be a blatant breach of trading standards. I will look into why the reasons you could have been served a sub standard coffee and reassess my team to ensure they are using the correct amount of ground coffee to get the perfect coffee. Please accept my apologies and hope you will pop back in to gauge that this was a one off. Ask for myself and I will happily make you the perfect cup of coffee on me.

Regards
Dale Monk
Owner

Reviewed 19 May 2014

lovely staff, great food, bands and pool table and very nice to kids , central location and of course lovely Scottish atmosphere

1  Thank muraod k
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit for a late lunch and beers. I sat on the terrace overlooking the Loch, the service was good and the food absolutely fine.
Mike W.

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We needed breakfast ready for just after 9pm in order to get the steam train to Mallaig and having asked the evening before were assurred it would be ready.turned up for pub opening at 9 to a warm welcome and told breakfast on would be served shortly...what a start to the day huge tasty breakfast plus lovely vegetarian breakfast for Petra , coffee to die for and tea and toast.. we did not eat again till the evening meal...all this for less than £7 a head...I knew the meals were great but the breakfast is superb..we return next morning and it was every bit as good didn't even need to say as the staff remembered our order what service..this is a great pub with the best staff they make u feel so welcome...

1  Thank bizilizi