“Best B&B we've ever stayed in”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Seafield House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were there on 25 July 2013 and it was the best B&B we've stayed in...ever! Our en-suite room was huge, tastefully decorated and with a wonderful view of the loch. Drew was the perfect host, one who takes a lot of pride and joy in ensuring we had a comfortable and memorable stay. His attention to detail was heartwarming especially when the weather was wet and miserable. We enjoyed a gorgeous breakfast with a heavenly fish pate made by Fiona and bacon that was cooked just right (I haven't been able to find another place with comparable bacon magic!). The breakfast room has huge windows overlooking the loch and explains why we lingered longer than we normally would. The living room has lots of books on nature and sightseeing in Fort William and Scotland. Our only regret is that we stayed only one night. Thank you Drew and Fiona. If you ever come by Singapore, drop us an email!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Many thanks Von Bing,

For a very kind review.

It was a pleasure to have you and Kate visit us. I hope you come back and stay longer.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Myself and a friends stayed in the twin room which has it's own front door and is separate fron the rest of the house. The room was lovely, clean and tidy. The cooked breakfast was delicious and the owners friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Hi PMM1982,

Many thanks for the kind review. I hope you enjoyed Eilean Donan castle and that you return soon. Haste ye back.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

After a week of less than average Hotels, that warm, friendly and comfy B&B was much needed! Thank you Andrew and Fiona for the GREAT quality of the stay. The breakfast was nothing short amazing, (Fiona your mackerel spread is delicious!) and the view of the loch from the breakfast area is breathtaking! The place is spotless, the room was very spacious and the furniture was a good quality.
It is about 20 minutes walk from down town Fort William so it's very quiet.

All in all, a great stay, I recommend to who ever is travelling to Fort William!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy C
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the very kind review. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you come back soon.

Best wishes, Drew

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed in a lovely en-suite single room in this fabulous b&b. It is very clean, modern, with lovely furnishing, and is impossible to fault. I received a lovely welcome from Andrew who was the perfect host and makes a great breakfast (your bacon couldn't be beaten during the whole of my tour of Scotland Andrew !!). I was able to park my motorbike on his large gravel drive way and as it is tucked out of the way off the main road it felt very secure. I would highly recommend Seafield House.

Room Tip: If you are on your own the en-suite single is more than adequate, plenty of space , nice furnishings...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Hi Kate,

thanks very much for the very kind review.

Letterfinlay supply us with the bacon. They also make and supply us with their own beef sausages and smoked salmon. Our black pudding is either from Stornoway or Wynnes on Fort William High St.. I don't know which one is the better.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Skye and that you come back and visit us soon (as we say 'Haste ye back, we loo ye dearly'

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Having stayed at Seafield House before, I knew that I was going to have a friendly welcome and enjoy my stay. The B&B is a lovely 10 minute walk from town along the loch, just far enough out of town to be nice and quiet. The room was beautiful, spotlessly clean and everything had a very high quality feel about it. It was spacious and had plenty of storage for my stuff. I had a great sleep and really enjoyed the shower too!

The breakfast was superb and the views from the table were excellent. I will definitely return and will recommend to others travelling to Fort William.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank thomson7912
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Hi 7912,

I'm glad you enjoyed your return visit to Seafield House. All the 7,912 members of the Thomson clan are more than welcome to visit us :-) . Haste ye back.

Mòran Taing

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our daughter was on holiday with us & it was really good to have the offer of a half-price single room, so rarely available. I haven't given this B&B 5 stars just because our room was very small but in every other aspect our stay was excellent. Very pleasant host. excellent breakfast with lovely views over Loch Linnhe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for your very kind review and noting the reasonable price of our rooms.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Seafield House B&B. We booked the twin room. The room was clean, nicely decorated, good beds and a good shower. Drew was very friendly, helpful and prepared one of the best breakfasts we had during our 2 week holiday in Scotland. While having breakfast you have a beautiful view over the loch. It takes you app 15 minutes to walk to the city center of Fort William.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eva456
SorleyA, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Many thanks for the kind review, Eva.

I hope you and Anne Marie enjoyed Rock Ness (or do you prefer the music that I listen to :-) ).