“lovely homely accomodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Seafield House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Everything to a very high standard. Would highly recommend and would stay again. The room was spotless. The breakfasts were great, with lots of choice. The location has views of the loch and is in a quiet area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Mòran taing David,

for giving Seafield House Fort William such a wonderful review. We will be delighted to see you and Iona again. Haste ye back.

Le dùrachd,
Drew

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Seafield is a really excellent B&B. I booked relatively last-minute and I don't understand why such a good B&B with such good value rooms was stil available. My good luck! My arrival was quite late due to the ferry times but this didn't present any problem at all. Drew's welcome was very good. The place is brilliantly situated just outside the main centre of the town (and so is nice and quiet) and has beautiful views of Loch Linnhe. The property is spotless throughout. My room (the single closest to the main door) was also spotless, very modern and extremely comfortable. The shower was excellent. The refreshments were varied, with extremely good tea! There was no fresh milk but I don't take millk anyway! The bed was very comfortable and I slept really well. Breakfast choices must be made the night before and I opted for the continental breakfast (11 days of cooked breakfasts finally catching up with me), which was very good. There were home-made cereal bars available and also mackerel pate, both of which were delicious. I saw the cooked breakfasts and they also looked excellent. Drew was a great host and offered extra toast and tea when I stayed chatting to the other guests for ages after I'd finished my own breakfast. The only complaint of my whole stay was that I could hear the TV from someone else's room when I was trying to sleep, but this really is the only bad thing I can think of to mention and actually I can't recommend Seafield House enough. What I paid to stay there was excellent value compared to almost all the other B&Bs on my 12-day island-hopping trip.

Room Tip: I only saw the single room closest to the main entrance. It was excellent. It doesn't have a vie...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thanks Trombonist for taking the time and giving Seafield House, Fort William a fantastic review. It is very much appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our home. I hope we will see you again when you come to spend more time in Skye and of course Lochaber.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

what can i say ... i cannot fault seafield house ... we (4 adults) stayed 28 july 2014 3 nights ... had a great time ... the breakfast was out of this world ... fiona & drew were so accommodating making breakfast for us when we requested an early breakfast the morning we were climbing ben nevis ... we appreciated it so much ... a lovely couple ... rooms were perfect ... great location only 2/3 mins drive from fort william / 5 mins from base of ben nevis. would stay there again in the morning ... cannot recommend highly enough!!!

Room Tip: all room locations excellent ... perfect!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hi Hyacynth, Moran taing for taking the time to give Seafield House such a fantastic review. It means a lot to us especially coming from the Irish as we know how good your B&Bs are. Haste ye back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A fabulous B&B for our final day having just walked the whole of the West Highland Way. The only down-side for us was the 15 walk from the town centre with the uphill at the end, but the incredible views made up for this. Would certainly return if in FW again.

Room Tip: A really excellent choice of food for breakfast. In fact we were spoilt for choice! I didn't nee...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks Jacky for giving Seafield House a fantastic review. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope will see you again, maybe on the East Highland Way?

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Drew and Fiona have done a wonderful job of providing a clean, comfortable, friendly, inviting stopover in the Fort William area. Both the delicious breakfasts served with artistic flair and the brief conversations with Drew, a delightful challenge given the melodic notes of his Gaelic (?) tongue, provided a positive energy to our outdoor explorations of Ben Nevis and Glen Nevis. We were not disappointed and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Many thanks indeed nononannette60745. I must be careful about where I sing :-). Haste ye back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have just returned from a wee weekend at Fort William, this is the second visit to Seafield House and would definitely return again. We only stayed one night as two of us were climbing Ben Nevis. Drew very kindly provided a breakfast in our room as we had a 4am start and whilst it was unexpected it was very much appreciated. My hubby (ground support for Ben Nevis) was staying for breakfast and raved about the home made pate. The accommodation was very clean, modern and the views were stunning.

A lovely stay and will definitely return the next time in Fort William.

ps a top tip is get up at 4am and walk along the loch, the clouds were sitting on top of it and it was the most beautiful sight I have seen for a long time.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hi Hazel, I bet you were back down the Ben before Hubby finished his breakfast! Thanks for the review. It is good to know that you enjoyed your visit. It was also good to meet you all and I hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The B & B has a great host, brilliant breakfasts, the rooms are excellent quality and very clean. This is our 3rd stay and would definitely stay again.

The B & B is just a short walk from Fort William but the views are stunning.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as good....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewMcS, Owner at Seafield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Many thanks for the wonderful reviews. It is always a pleasure to play host to yourself and your brother. I hope the family enjoy their trip in the campervan. Haste ye back.