Rhu Mhor
  • Restaurant
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
US$267
  • Breakfast included
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$227
US$209
PremierInn.com
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2013

A slightly quirky B&B but that adds to it's ambiance. Close to bus and train ...as well as the supermarket and the the centre of Fort William, Rhu Mhor has glimpses of the loch from the front bedrooms, This was a good find for three nights in the area.
Ian was a helpful and pleasant host, resplendent in his kilt, offering great hospitality and helpful advice... but knowledge of local walking routes was not a forte!
The room was of a good size and the bed comfortable. The double we had boasted a large en-suite with a powerful shower.
Yes, compared to some, the décor is dated but that, for us, added to the atmosphere. However if you were to find this, or the midnight curfew, a slight negative , I think that you would find these were hugely outweighed by a magnificent breakfast. Traditional porridge and home-made selections which included fantastic vegetarian 'patties', 'dropped-scones' and oatcake biscuits.
A good place from which to explore.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonnyBurton
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We only enquired about vacancies at Rhu Mhor thirty minutes before arriving and we were greated by a warm welcome. Room was spotlessly clean. Great location with only a five or ten minute walk into town. Breakfast service was excellent and food was just right, freshly home baked scones were a real treat. Great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RHGW29
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here at the end of the WHW. The one thing I will say is that this isn't really a walker's B&B in the sense that the owner just wasn't interested, and when asked about Ben Nevis, responded with "Don't bother!". Each to their own, wasn't a problem for us but if you are looking for someone to natter to about the area you may want to try elsewhere.

Yes it is dated. Yes it reflects the style of the owner. But it is genuinely very welcoming, and is hospitality as it should be!

The option exists for tea and biscuits at 10pm. Breakfast is ample and we were also provided with a continental due to leaving early on our second day (we had a train back to London to catch).

The communal room is full of old guestbooks which make fascinating reading, particularly for walking types.

I'd also like to note that the owner mailed me some T-Shirts that I left free of charge; to be applauded. True gent!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiger_bob85
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

A very cheery welcome. That's all the good bits I can think of.

Regretted the choice from the moment I got into my room. Car park is big but to call it precipitous is an understatment. You had better hope your hand break works and you have a head for heights.. For the safety of my car from.less competent drivers I parked it on the flat in town. If you can't do a hill start very well this place will freak you out It's frankly dangerous.

Rooms are clean but so what? Not just dated they're like your great aunties seldom used guest bedroom. Very old fashioned and so unapealing it a real turn off. No TV in the rooms and I don't like Public TV lounges . C'mon Rhu Mhor in this day and age, really? The bed and mattress I had was shot. Clearly in use for a very long time. The whole house is care worn and dismal. Clearly no significant investments for years.

Bottom line? Keep looking for another place to stay. Rhu Mhor is very poor indeed. It will have its fans but most folk I think would never wish to come back.You'll rue the day you booked . I did.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ScotLadd
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Ian was very welcoming and the place was excellent. We had a lovely big room with a view and big ensuite bathroom. Very homely atmosphere and great breakfast. We have no hesitation in recommending Rhu Mhor. Big comfy double bed and there was a single too in room suitable for family with a kid.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple