Inverlochy Castle Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$216
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
US$314
US$299
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
US$91
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$223
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Factor's House(Fort William)
Imperial Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswalled gardendrawing roomtasting menujunior suiteprivate homeclay pigeon shootingthe hotel managerdining roomluxury hotelpublic roomsben nevismemorable stayeach eveningloch nessisle of skyestunning viewsporridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

a real castle experience, out of this world.
What a place!!!!
You cannot go to Scotland and not experience such a place.
Relais et Chateaux at its best (unlike an other review I wrote)
The castle is beautiful, furniture, curtains, details....
A huge bedroom with a big bathroom..
I felt I was a Duke.
food is great, service: areal royal treatment.
DONT HESITATE A SECOND

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of Inverlochy Castle; we take great joy making our guests stay at Inverlochy special and memorable. We are happy to hear that you felt treated like Royalty and that the Castle has lived up to expectations, we always endeavour to deliver excellence. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay at Inverlochy Castle. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Well...Arrived and was greeted by a quite strange person who didn't really put us at ease at all quite the opposite,to the point of wanting to leave but we were then greeted by a wonderful lady who put us at ease and from there on in we had a wonderful experience all be it in our room.The place was a little over whelming for us but I'm sure others will like the formal surroundings and dining experience dinner jackets and ties must be worn so be warned if you just want to call in for dinner,they did over to provide both.Food wise AMAZING!!!!! and the service again wonderful and for that reason we would return but with more suitable atire.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we are so glad that after initially feeling overwhelmed you were put at ease by the management team; we are very proud of our kitchen at Inverlochy and so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently booked this hotel for next June, eight months from now, thinking that my husband and I might be able to make the trip. I canceled the reservation the following day after checking with my husband. This event cost me 25 pounds, and when I complained to the hotel, the best they could muster was "sorry," even though the booking site did not reveal cancellation fees because of technical glitches, I think. Whatever the cause,the rigidity of the hotel's refusal to even consider a refund worries me about the management of the hotel, in general, so my tale of woe is meant to warn others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank econoclass
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with Inverlochy Castle and I am saddened to read that you felt this wasn’t up to the high standards we aim to achieve and I apologise for this. We do clearly state on our website and have provided all our partner websites the details of our cancellation policy; we will however, investigate with all our partner websites their disclosures of these terms so that this misunderstanding does not happen in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

realy nice well kept luxurios place in Fort William - go for the suites - really impressing
very godd restaurant with excellent food

Everything would have been nearly perfect if ...the managment would have been a little friendlier and would have gone the extra step what you expect in a place like this for nearly 1000 Pound a night

Have beeln to all Relais Chateaux in Scotland but this is the one which does not reflect the tipical scottish hospitality

Therefore only a "good"

p.s. try glenapp Castle which in my personal opinion is one of the best in scotland

Room Tip: we had the kings suite with beatyful views
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay but am very saddened to read that you felt the management were not helpful and friendly; at Inverlochy, one of our aims is to ensure that all guests are made to feel welcome and treat Inverlochy as if it were their home for the duration of the stay. I do wish you had reviewed us shortly after your stay last year, however should you wish to discuss anything you have outlined above or any other concern then please do not hesitate to contact me directly on:

janewatson@inverlochy.co.uk

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed in the queens suite, which is a huge and comfortable room. People, service and food all good. Atmosphere well balanced as the large main double height reception room really works well, with the fire plus relaxed atmosphere. Our main suprises is the ATD and style points, which surprised us for such an expensive top draw focussed hotel. Example, the main driveway front entrance is like an NCP car park! yellow and black plastic sleeping police bollards lack any style plus spoiling the crucial 1st impression! The front door mat was cheep B&Q style worn-out, which needs replacement! The ridiculous no entry sign to stop people going out the wrong way is very tacky! Then there are the cheap concrete crumbling steps down to the main garden, which suggests a complete lack of any thinking, investment or care! No night lights in the ensuite which had steps and only me go Brit lights in bathroom, no softer lighting option. So a great hotel is spoiled by lack of ATD and thinking guest needs through! At these prices, we would expect more thought and style next time please.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rory A

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Inverlochy Castle, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you felt relaxed during your stay with us. The reason we have the one-way system, sleeping policeman and ‘No Entry’ sign is for safety reason as our main door opens straight onto our driveway; I appreciate all your comments and have taken note.
Should you wish to discuss anything you have outlined above or any other concern then please do not hesitate to contact me directly on:

janewatson@inverlochy.co.uk