Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GaryNewcastleStaffs
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom

Excellent Food & Service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Aug 2019via mobile
We decided to stay here on recommendation of friends who have visited several times. The hotel is very grand, the public areas relaxing & well kept. It’s not a massive hotel & that adds very much to the special feel, we felt very comfortable & enjoyed our stay very much. We ate in the restaurant, the food & Service were excellent. All the staff were attentive & helpful in all aspects off the hotel. We ate breakfast the morning we left & that was excellent too, the emphasis on the service is taken very seriously & you are looked after very well. We will be back
Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 26 Aug 2019
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Inverlochy Castle.

I am delighted to read you found your experience at Inverlochy Castle Hotel excellent and to as it should be. I will make sure that your kind words will be passed onto the team.

We look forward to seeing you again.

£185
  • Priceline
4.7 miles from Inverlochy Castle Hotel
View more hotels in Fort William
1,013 results
All reviews tasting menu drawing room queen victoria michel roux junior suite dining room luxury hotel the hotel manager public rooms memorable stay ben nevis scottish highlands breakfast and dinner isle of skye stunning views sommelier watson
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2019

We just spent a couple of days at this hotel. It is without question one of the premier luxury manors that we have ever stayed at while in the UK. It is old, stately and a truly wonderful experience. However, I always read the poorer reviews while forming my independent opinion. Some reviews you must read very closely as sometime one can expect too much or something totally different that what exists. The concerns expressed about the dining limits are accurate. Men are required to wear a jacket. The hotel will furnish you one if you desire. Informal dining is available in the bar area as well as delightful tables just outside the bar area. Room service is also readily available. The seasonal nuisance of Midges are somewhat of a problem especially with leaving the windows open with any light on. Some of the concerns appear to me to the poster having higher self expectations and a letdown on their part.
Of particular note here, is the staff. First class and every need spoken to in immediate fashion To my wife and I, the face of this hotel is/was Ameilia. She greeted us at check in and it seemed to us that she magically appeared with that charming, hearty and professional smile. What an incredible asset to this hotel's staff.

Room tip: Small hotel with all rooms being excellent. The Queen's Suite was outstanding
2  Thank concher
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thought with Tripadvisor community,

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your experience at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, we strive for our guest satisfaction and pleased that we made your stay so memorable.

I do hope to welcome your return.

Reviewed 16 August 2019

Proctors Inn is on the site of this castle and guests at the Inn have their breakfast in the castle. The castle and grounds are superb and we only wished that ewe could have afforded to stay in the castle rather in the Inn. The breakfast was as good as we had experienced in Scotland. We noted that the castle will pick up guests from the airport or train in their Rolls., I would suggest that is you have not got an unlimited budget that you syay in the Inn and eat in the castle. The castle has (expensive) lunches, dinners and afternoon teas, but it should be tried before you leave.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank murrayfy

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and you have expressed such joy and I look forward to sharing your lovely words regarding service with the staff.
I do hope to welcome your return in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2019

Does it really need to be said? Everything was just impeccable. The property in itself is already a treasure and, at a time where standardized aseptic hotels have become the norm, how good it feels to find tradition so well preserved!
The general atmosphere was perfect, lovely harp player, decoration soignée. The lounge is just a pleasure to dally in. Very professional staff, suite sparkling clean and fully equipped with all amenities you might need.
Dinner was our best meal in Scotland and, to this day, the best Chateaubriand steak I have had in my life. Breakfast was however slightly disappointing, especially after such an excellent dinner, and from the looks of it probably wasn't prepared by a chef...
Nonetheless it didn't taint the suberbness of our stay and we left fully satisfied!

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Ihl69666

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Inverlochy Castle.

It brings me great joy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Our team works extremely hard and strive for our guest satisfaction and pleased that we made your stay so memorable. They will be delighted to receive your kind words.

I do hope to welcome your return.

Reviewed 14 August 2019

En route for Mallaig and the islands, we decided to treat ourselves to dinner at Inverlochy Castle (and £75 a head for the three course menu is a big treat where we come from!). Service was OK, surroundings were OK, decor was OK, staff were attentive but the food was a massive disappointment. If I say that the only memorable thing about it was the cheese trolley, it kind of gives you the idea of a kitchen that is coasting, and probably needs a shake up. If the Roux brothers want their name to continue to be attached to this, it might be a good idea for them to drive up the A82 one of these days and check it out. I suspect that it didn't help that were second sitting, which gave a feeling of everyone wanting to be elsewhere. I can only say that our dinner in the isle of Muck B and B the following night (at way under half the price) was exquisite in comparison.

Date of stay: August 2019
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your feedback of Inverlochy Castle Hotel

I am saddened and disappointed that we have not met your expectations during your visit. At Inverlochy, we take great pride in our dining experience, from start to finish to ensure and create a memorable experience in all aspects of service and food. I would like to express my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and thank you for sharing your vital feedback.

I do hope that you will return in the future

Reviewed 13 August 2019 via mobile

We recently stayed at Inverlochy Castle Hotel. It was quite disappointing. The biggest problem was the stuffy/stiff service. You felt that you had to whisper all the time.

The room was older but comfortable with great shower and bathroom amenities.

The grounds and gardens are lovely.

The dining (both breakfast and dinner) was excruciatingly, painfully slow and awkward. This overshadowed any good in the experience. The food was pretty good but not great.

The icing on the cake was when we went down for breakfast at 8am, we asked them to have the bellman get our big suitcase out of the room...when we came back to our room after breakfast the housekeeper was finishing making the room for the next guest and all of our stuff (loose items and all) had been carried down and was sitting in a pile in the lobby. SERIOUSLY?? What would give them the idea that we were ready to check out?

We had high hopes for this historic hotel and were very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MelMacG
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

I am deeply saddened that your stay with us was not to what we would have hoped for, please accept our sincere apologies. Your comments with regards to the service we provide are extremely disappointing to read as the service element at Inverlochy Castle is a hugely important factor for us. I have been made aware that the team was confused if you were finished with your room and this mistake should not have happened which I understand the team had offered your alternative places to freshen up before you departed.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding of your points mentioned, however, I do hope that you are able to return in the future and if so, please do contact me directly in order I can assist with any booking you wish to make.