“Poor show”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
“Poor show”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Yesterday's salad, smallest portions, long wait, I'd say unless it's deep fried then not the best plan!

“excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were made very welcome on our first visit even though we had only gone in for dessert after a disappointing meal elsewhere! We enjoyed it so much we went back the next evening and had an excellent meal. The staff were very attentive and the single chef does a great job on his own!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jacky H
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Any port in a storm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

As my original destination for lunch had a change of ownership and didn't interest me, I was looking for somewhere to eat. I happened to end up outside this cafe just as a couple vacated the window table, so it seemed like I was meant to go in. I ordered a baked potato with beans and cheese which was perfectly acceptable. It was raining outside (well it is Fort William!), and the place didn't seem very warm. I felt a bit damp and chilly. No complaints about the service, and it satisfied my stomach, but I'm not sure there was enough to tempt me back again.

• Visited August 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Miised thge point”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

On a Lands end, to John o' Groats bike ride, we ended up in Fort William. A walk down the High Street saw us in this restaurant. We selected the Sea Bass with Mash & veg. I made the point straight away, that, because we were cycling, we were hungry, & that 'Nouvelle cuisine' was no good, & we needed a good pile of veg. The fawning waitress assured us that this was the case. Patently a lie to keep us there, I was served up, on a large plate, a small pile of mediocre mash, & less veg. On being asked if everything was 'ok', I said No!. She brought me a bowl of veg & said 'Is the fish ok?'. I said 'I would like to meet its parents' however it tasted good. On leaving, we were charged for the extra veg. We felt ripped off in a tourist town. Poor.

Visited August 2014
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch while we had a short stay in fort william we both had lentil soup which was amazing I had a egg mayo sandwich and my fiancé had a cheese savoury one really fresh. Lovely friendly young girl served us really nice cafe. Will return when were up again next year x

• Visited August 2014