The hotel very was comfortable with good decor and we had a peaceful stay there. It was very clean. There were however a few things that we weren't best pleased about.
1. On the main Best Western site about the hotel and on other advertising for the hotel by Best Western it states that the hotel has a jacuzzi. This was one of the main reasons we picked this hotel as we are walkers and thought that it would be a wonderfull treat to be able to relax in a jacuzz after along walk. So we turned up at the hotel with our swim suits and aching muscles only to be told that the jacuzzi is only in one of the bedrooms and isn't available for all guests. To say the least we were more disappointed especially as we didn't even recieve an apology over the misadvertising and confusion it caused us.
2. We paid £7.50 pp per day day for breakfast. The food was ok but nothing special. We thought it was really unreasonable that on top of that there is a supplement payable for some items. I think the supplement for a continental breakfast was around £4 something which is outrageous. Surely £7.50 each should cover all breakfast items available.
3.The television in our room was nice but EVERY night that we were there we had problems with the signal on all the channels being completly lost for a short time. By the time the last night came around I got hugely frustrated when it cut out whilst I was avidly watching something. I went down to reception and waited for about 5 minutes before anyone showed up. When the woman finally turned up at the desk she looked at me as if to say "Oh I didn't realise you were there" No apology was given for me having to wait. So by the time she followed me back up to the room the TV had come back on again. She merely said "Oh, ring reception if it happens again" No apology AGAIN even though I had mentioned it was the 3rd time.
4. Staff in the hotel were very distant and every time I had to ask for something I felt like a big inconvenience. They rarely smiled and it seemed very mechanical.
5. The hotel does offer free parking however there are limited spaces so I can imagine that it might be tricky to find at space at busy times and during the day this could be quite annoying as you'd have no option but to then park in the pay and display.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Fort William
- Fort William Best Western
- Imperial Hotel Fort William, Scotland