“Not Highland Hospitality!”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Connel, United Kingdom
“Not Highland Hospitality!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Five of us stayed here for one night. Five separate rooms. Expensive accommodation with a view of the Fire Exit and nothing else! The whole experience was a very poor advert for Scotland - and we were all locals! Don't stay - unless you know which room you are getting and can get breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a north facing room or a view of the Loch.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LochEtive
, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for your view on your recent stay with us and I am so sorry that you have been allocated the room which was not to your satisfaction. Please do accept our sincere apologies that we couldn't meet your expectations. We strive in providing best of possible services to each of our guests so that they can have a great stay at our establishments.
We have taken your observations into considerations and we will do our best in using this feedback as an improvement part for our staffs and facilities so that each of the future guests have a nice and enjoyable stay.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you to prove our worth and we can assure you the best of service.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01397 702040.

Prashant Kumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I am sorry to say that this hotel was by a huge margin the worst we stayed in over a week long road trip. My biggest complaint would be the customer service. The Polish receptionist was nothing short of unpleasant to the point of being downright rude, insisting that we did not have a reservation. Once this was resolved a man who i took to be the manager also infuriated me with an attitude that beggared belief. I chose to have no more to do with the reception and headed for the room.

The room was small but appeared to be clean enough and on the face of it would have been acceptable. Sadly by the time I left in the morning I had realised it was not able to perform the function of a decent hotel room. The main issue was the shower, which was actually a health and safety hazard. It was faulty and went from cold to scalding in a second. I ended up having to wash at the basin. During the night I went to use the bathroom, and i lost a chunk of skin from my foot, causing me to bleed so much i had to put a sock on before returning to bed. The screw in the carpet rod between the room and the bathroom were proud and sharp. See my photo.
When I told reception about these issues in the morning, they were completely disinterested.

Finally, breakfast. It was a shambles and in my opinion of very poor quality. Again, the worst we had in a week. I will never return here and I would not recommend it to anyone. I am ashamed to be Scottish when I think of foreign visitors experiencing such disgraceful customer service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank ronandkristin
Akrur C, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your comments following your stay at our hotel. We apologise that your experience was not to your expectations on this first occasion that you chose to stay with us.

We are pleased to advise that since your stay, we have considerably improved on the matters you have referred to and we hope to welcome you and back to the hotel in the near future for delightful experience.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.

Kind regards,

Akrur Changkakoti

Travellers are raving about these Fort William hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This review only relates to the bar/restaurant as we didn't stay in the hotel. We tried the hotel for an evening meal on the first night,purely on spec,and ended up eating there every night of our stay in Fort William.We were greeted by friendly staff each evening and given a good choice of food to order.The service was quick and the staff attentive,even when pre booked coach parties arrived and things suddenly got very busy.The menu is varied and we tried a cross section of dishes throughout our visits,all served promptly,hot with well cooked fresh vegetables where appropriate and all representing excellent value for money.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Services. We are delighted that you had such a great time while dining at Imperial and also enjoyed the local area too! We really aim to make sure all our guests leave the hotel on a high and I am thrilled to see that we did just that.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are thankful for your appreciation about the service you recieved at our hotel during your stay.I hope to see you again in future.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 01397 702040.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great days ahead!

Midlands UK
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Overall good value. We had not pre-booked and obtained a room at a good rate, less than other poorer quality hotels in the area. No lift, but the staff did offer to take our bags to the room. The room was quite small but modern, very clean and adequate for a one night stay.
Breakfast was to a standard of any comparable hotel, with a variety of options. The cooked breakfast was very good. Car parking was directly outside the hotel, although spaces seem to be limited, we didn't have a problem. Even though we has checked out,the hotel allowed us to park there during the day whilst we went on the Glenifnnan railway.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to put a nice positive response with respect to the services you received at our hotel.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Your positive feedback gives our staffs to deliver even the better services to each guest. As we do always, we have shared your feedback with all our staffs. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great days ahead!

I hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The quality of the produce for breakfast was worse than any cheap cafe I have ever eaten in
The sausage and beans were low quality and tasteless there was nothing else but bacon sausage egg beans and tomato on the menu
I was in a room with an extractor that was noisy and went off every few minutes through the night had little sleep the table and chairs for working at were the wrong height table too high sorry to say love Scotland and with the local roduce of such a high quality it is a shame the hotel do not use it

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kev1211
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. We have taken the points raised by you in to consideration and we will do our best that these things won’t happen again in future.

suburban Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Small room (steep steps and, as this is an old building, no elevator.) We got the last parking space (admittedly on a weekend).
Ate at the pub --- I ordered Chicken Korma and my husband Tikka Masala. They were identical - and the owner tried to convince us they were different.
I'd look for another hotel.

1 Thank Ready2Go2008
, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for submitting your concern with regards to your recent stay at Best Western Imperial hotel and we offers you our sincere apologies that we couldn't meet your expectations. If its about the difference between Korma and Tikka Masala, we do understand that they looked the same as the color of the spices made to cook these two types are nearly the same, just the difference is of coconut paste in the korma and cream in Tikka masala. Though both gives the same color but the flavor of the curry is totally different.

We have taken your observations into considerations and we will do our best in using this feedback as an improvement part for our staffs and facilities so that each of the future guests has a nice and enjoyable stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Can hardly believe we stayed at the same hotel as Chris b. The room was pokey, the tv hardly worked at all, it was up 35 incredibly steep stairs,(no lift)and had a faulty shower. All this for top dollar!

2 Thank Gabbol40
Scarlett M, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting your concern with regards to your recent stay at Best Western Imperial hotel and we offers you our sincere apologies that we couldn't meet your expectations. We strive in providing best of possible services to each of our guests so that they can have a great stay at our establishments.

Regards