“Not terrible but little to recommend”
Review of Craig Nevis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Craig Nevis
Ranked #73 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Here for a one night stay on a tour. We were in the annex which has 3 rooms directly accessible from outside which is a useful feature. No stairs to negotiate and easy to move luggage from the car which was parked on the frontage. The room was clean if a little cramped. It was stuffy and airless so we had to keep the window open which did not aid a restful night as it is on the main road.
It is a short walk in to the town or to the railway station. Breakfast was OK.
The main issue is the landlady who is a little brusque.
There is no wifi here and we could get a 3G signal only the car park, not in the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WC27
There are newer reviews for Craig Nevis

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights owner not friendly for dealing with public. Heard speaking about there guests when sitting in dining room. Breakfast cold, cutlery & cups dirty. Ladies serving breakfast friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Sinead S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights, visiting for the sole purpose of climbing Ben Nevis. The booking was taken by phone a few days previously by a not particularly friendly gentleman. When I arrived a lady answered the door, no customer service awards here! She didn't show me to my room, leaving me to make my own way upstairs and failed to point out the bathroom, my room was not en suite. The room was small and tired, but reasonably clean. The bed was soft and lumpy, the springs had seen better days. My room was at the front, so very noisy all night due to the busy road. Although non smoking I would guess there was smoking elsewhere in the building, judging from the aroma. I selected what I considered to be the safest option for breakfast, scrambled egg, and if you ignored the mould on the toast, it was ok. The continental breakfast looked awful, watery ham, cheese string and a dairylea triangle! However, it is an excellent location, especially if using public transport and the ladies that come in to serve breakfast are very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I were touring Scotland and decided to make a two night stop in Fort William.
I contacted the Craig Nevis the evening before as many B&B's in Fort William were booked up. I spoke to a lady and asked if she had any vacancies for the following evening she checked and confirmed she had a double room for the following two nights.
We were relieved as we realised it was our own fault for leaving the booking so late.
When we arrived the lady who answered the door went away to check the booking log, she had no booking for Goddard but had entered a booking for Podderd two days later.
I queried this but was told by the very brusk man who had joined us that they had been booked up on that night for months and it must be my mistake and I must have the wrong guest house.
I have a feeling knowone called Podderd turned up for their two night booking but it was obviously MY fault and the owners didn't have the courtesy to recommend anywhere else. Be very careful and make sure you have a booking confirmation in writing, that's my suggestion!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Even the reviews below are quite bad our experience with Craig Nevis B&B is very good. We were given a nice room in the bungalow beside the main house. The room was large enough and there was even had a bathtub in the bathroom. The breakfast was lovely and the owners very welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank conejitka
Reviewed 7 May 2013

4 of us doing the 3 peaks challenge 03/05/2013. drove from Ipswich to this place 13.5hrs on the road only to find out they they had given away our room. despite 2 phone calls confirming and sending them an e-mail. the old man and lady could not give a care in the world as had obviously made more money giving our 2 rooms away to other who were paying for more than just the 1 night. Stuck on the bank holiday at 11pm at night driving round finding that everyone had no vacancies. managed to finally find a place the West End Hotel. They had availability for the 4 of us. After we told them what had happened they sorted us out. gave us a reduction on their rates. and the rooms and the service we received was amazing. if it was not for the West End Hotel we would have had to sleep in the car. thanks a bundle Craig Nevis..

Room Tip: go to the West End Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Demitrius H
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had a really small double room. For well-fed persons the bathroom was to available, because it was tiny! Breakfast was ...ok, but we won't commit.
Something positive? The only positive aspect is the central location.

We will never go there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple