“A Grand Day Out (August 2013)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild West

Wild West
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild West offer a selection of wildlife experiences and bespoke trips in the highlands of Scotland.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“A Grand Day Out (August 2013)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked the Invergarry full day safari with Ian and what a fantastic day it was! We were fortunate the weather was great and Ian made you feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. As a fellow photographer Ian showed us some great landscape locations along with the various local wildlife. I made an embarrassing mistake for a so called "keen photographer", I forgot to pack my tripod (Doh!) but Ian came to the rescue and lent me his (what a star). We stopped at various locations throughout the day and between the oooohhs! and aaarrs ! and oh! look at that! we ended up at Loch Hourn. After a very nice coffee at the only cafe there, we took a walk along the beach which was awesome on its own, but to see an otter and seal at fairly close range just finished the day off. Ian also provided a spotting scope which he set up and found herds of deer and also provided binoculars to use for the day. I have already contacted Ian to thank him and will book another trip when we return to Scotland (soon I hope). I would say just book a trip with Ian you wont be disappointed !! Enjoy and good health!!

ianmacl, Owner at Wild West, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thanks for your review and I look forward to seeing you when you're back in Scotland

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An amazing day we will never forget, Book it up now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ian was totally wonderful, a lovely chap with a wealth of knowledge. We went to several locations, saw otters!!! red deer, red squirrels, many birds, wild goats, butterflies, caterpillars ... (I could just make an endless list here)... It was wonderful walking and spotting all of the native plants, which Ian knew the medicinal properties of, ancient woodland, sea lochs, winding single tracks that he drove us along pointing out natural features and wildlife. Also we went on a boat on Loch Sheil and was shown Mike Tomkies' cottage (worth googling as he has written books on his time spent there and the wildlife he observed and helped over a number of years). I would recommend this trip to anyone and would love to go again, and will when we are back there. Thank you Ian, you made our holiday wonderful, Phil and Jemima Brown.

ianmacl, Owner at Wild West, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thanks for your review, much appreciated and I hope to see you again soon
Harlow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Paul and Margaret 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Can't say enough about the joy we had on our two day mini safari with Ian. He took us to some amazing locations to see all the birds and mammals on our hit list. Nothing was to much trouble,
He had everything organised. He even suggested places to stay, with views of Pine Martin on our door step. Ian even recommended places to go to visit for the rest of our trip in Scotland. We enjoyed his company knowledge and humour. When we returned to Scotland 6 months later we arranged to meet up for a reunion which was very pleasant. I would like to think we remain friends for a long tme to come. We can thoroughly recommend Ian for a very memorable experience that you will treasure for a long time.

Visited March 2013

ianmacl, Owner at Wild West, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thanks for your review Paul. We'll get those ptarmigan yet!
Bristol, United Kingdom
“So good we went twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I visited the Great Glen in 2012 with my two daughters. We went on two trips with Ian and saw red deer, highland cattle, red squirrels, osprey, sea eagles, cross bills, dipper and more. Ian also told us where to see dolphins. Ian is not only knowledgeable and enthusiastic he is also good company.

Visited October 2012
Glasgow
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best wildlife safari ever!!,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Ian is the most organised person on the planet! He goes that extra mile for everyone and has such a wealth of knowledge that just makes you wish you had a tenth of it! Very passionate and enthusiastic and it's catching! We saw some deer, a sea eagle, some dragon flies and some of the most beautiful scenery in the Fort William area. Hope to do this again some time and can't recommend this safari highly enough!