“Massive portions!”

Cafe Beag
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cafe Beag Tea Room & Deli provides a warm and friendly welcome for visitors to Glen Nevis. We serve tasty lunchtime food and snacks as well as tea, coffee and cakes throughout the day. Our home baking and Italian espresso is sure to revive even the most weary traveller!
Aberdeen
“Massive portions!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I went for lunch with my 1 year old daughter, the staff were all very friendly and the log burner was a nice cosy touch! The menu was a bit chip-heavy, especially the kids menu so I ordered a sandwich for her. The portions were humongous on small plates! Tuna was heaving out of the sandwich and half the plate was coleslaw, the food itself was good, I wish I had room for one of the delicious looking cakes on display as you enter. The toilets although very clean were looking tired and the floors were a bit shabby especially in the corridor but they had a baby changing mat and even a supply of baby wipes and nappy bags which was thoughtful. I would return for lunch but go for a lighter option, then a cake!

• Visited March 2013

Falkirk
“Nothing 'Beag' About this Lovely Eating Place.”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Popped in on Valentine's Evening for a bite to eat at this lovely wee restaurant in Glen Nevis...only a mile or so off the main Fortwilliam Road. There's ample parking right next to the restaurant. Lovely warm welcome from the proprietors. The restaurant was inviting and cosy,.a real flame stove burning in the corner. Menu was reasonably varied and good value for money. Portions were very large. Ask for a small portion if you are not a big eater or are watching your figure!! Recommend the Mac N Cheese... freshly cooked and really tasty. Also the breaded fish............filled the plate and more. Good home-cooked food or a winter's evening. Apparently they also do a Sunday Roast...go on...pop along after Church on Sunday with your friends. Give it try. A good meal in one of the most beautiful locations in Scotland.
Suggest...candles on the tables are lovely but suggest non-scented when eating.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kay R
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Looks good”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Great venue - excellent service and tasty food - what more do you need?
Looking forward to having a lunch there - very soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Karen D
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I visited cafe Beag with my husband today. We were very impressed. We received a warm welcome. The staff were friendly,attentive and efficient. We had steak pie and scampi which we really enjoyed. The place has a warm friendly family atmosphere. We will certainly visit again.

1 Thank Foodaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My friend and I were visiting from the states October 2011. We were driving around looking at the beautiful countryside when we stopped for lunch. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was just perfect with the woodburning stove on a rainy day. They had some beautiful artwork on the walls of highland cows. I was hoping to find out who the artst is. As for the cafe don't miss it. I hope to go back to visit the area and will definetly stop in for a meal

1 Thank voomer97