“Snack at lunchtime”

Cafe Beag
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Beag Tea Room & Deli provides a warm and friendly welcome for visitors to Glen Nevis. We serve tasty lunchtime food and snacks as well as tea, coffee and cakes throughout the day. Our home baking and Italian espresso is sure to revive even the most weary traveller!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Snack at lunchtime”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the meal I had in the cafe today. I frequented this place a lot last year and the food was consistently very good.
However today I tried the goats cheese and red pepper quiche with salad, the quiche to say they least was pretty insipid, I think they they showed the cheese to the filling, I could barely detect the flavour.
Overall I think it was very overpriced too, but I may try it again.

2 Thank loobyloo69
Dear Loobyloo69,
We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent meal. As you will have noted Cafe Beag is now under new management and we have just re-opened so your comments are very useful to us as we finalise our new menu. We've had a lot of very positive feedback on the food during our opening week so I am saddened that your experience wasn't as positive. We'd love to have you back so that you can try some of our other tasty food which might be more to your liking.
Happy TripAdvising!

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Fantastic refurbished cafe with excellent menu and atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Cafe Beag had been looking rather tired but has now been refurbished into a bright modern cafe while still retaining that rustic atmosphere which makes it a perfect spot for lunch or a snack after enjoying some outdoor life in the beautiful Glen Nevis. I had the best pea and ham soup ever! It tasted as though made with real peas, a lovely rich green colour, with chunks of proper ham and served with soft brown bread. Others in our party had various toasties, all perfectly cooked and served with a nice salad with dressing and some kettle-type crisps. It was sunny so we sat outside so the kids could play on the grass, although the freshly decorated interior looked very welcoming, especially the area with traditional leather sofas. I would highly recommend a visit - the cakes looked pretty good although we didn't have the chance to try them.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Fiona M
Michael C, Manager at Cafe Beag, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
We're so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to Cafe Beag and really appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review for us. We hope to see you again very soon!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very accommodating”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stopped in for a bit of late lunch, kitchen had just closed but they were more than happy to serve us some extremely tasty toasted sandwiches.

• Visited April 2014
Michael C, Manager at Cafe Beag, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us, I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit. We've just re-opened under new management so this early feedback is really helpful. Hopefully see you again very soon!
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“Cafe Beag Just Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On Holiday last summer we booked into the Nevis Holiday Park, not Knowing of this Little intimate cafe just at the corner,with its wonderful food inside.
Having popped in one evening for dinner and sampleing the wonderful steak pie and fish main meals. My family and I could not move from the portion size and also the quality of the food. I myself have had many steak pies like most of you and i can say i have never had a better steak pie than here at the cafe beag, not one peice of fat or grissle in it. FANTASTIC.
Then we where tempted to the desert's not fair. Once again the white chocolate chesscake which i slowly consumed was again to die for.
The service was brilliant and the owners made them selfs know to us and where so friendly and helpful.
We went back the next night for more and also Breakfast. We were not let down Breakfast Fantastic too.
DO NOT GO PAST THIS CAFE!
well worth popping into as you wont want to leave.

The MacDonald Family.

See you all later this year

• Visited September 2013
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service and food”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a wonderful hearty meal at Café Beag just before Christmas. We were made very welcome, the atmosphere was super and the service was excellent. The meal was delicious and looked really nice when it arrived but didn't last long on our plates. Thank you so much to the whole team for looking after us so well! From the Kilmallie Community Centre Committee

• Visited December 2013