“homely little cafe in Glen Nevis”
Review of Cafe Beag - CLOSED

Cafe Beag
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cafe Beag Tea Room & Deli provides a warm and friendly welcome for visitors to Glen Nevis. We serve tasty lunchtime food and snacks as well as tea, coffee and cakes throughout the day. Our home baking and Italian espresso is sure to revive even the most weary traveller!
Reviewed 24 June 2014

friendly little cafe on Glen Nevis road, with views over Ben Nevis itself if the weather permits.
Greeted by a very friendly girl. Soup was out of this world, (pea and ham).Sandwiches were a meal and a half.

1  Thank Michael B
Michael C, Manager at Cafe Beag, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our Cafe. We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit - the pea and ham soup is a particular favourite of mine too! Hopefully see you again should your travels bring you back up to Scotland.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped here for tea and a scone during a jaw-dropping bike ride up Glen Nevis. Delicious and welcoming.

1  Thank paulinlim
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Tried here for a lunchtime and I must say it was mediocre to be honest nothing really special the food was not all that great. I tried the soup and it was a bit bland. My wife had a sandwich that was okay but how can you go wrong with that. It may be that they have just recently opened or are trying to sort out a menu so I may try the cafe again if we visit the area.

1  Thank John M
Michael C, Manager at Cafe Beag, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear John,

I'm very sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your recent meal at Cafe Beag. As you mentioned we have recently re-opened and we have had many positive comments on the food so I am saddened to hear that your experience was not as positive, however, we will take your comments on board as we continue to build our menu. Hopefully you do return to give us another try, if so, please do mention any comments to one of our team during your visit so that we can do our best to solve any queries there and then.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the meal I had in the cafe today. I frequented this place a lot last year and the food was consistently very good.
However today I tried the goats cheese and red pepper quiche with salad, the quiche to say they least was pretty insipid, I think they they showed the cheese to the filling, I could barely detect the flavour.
Overall I think it was very overpriced too, but I may try it again.

2  Thank loobyloo69
Michael C, Manager at Cafe Beag, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Loobyloo69,
We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent meal. As you will have noted Cafe Beag is now under new management and we have just re-opened so your comments are very useful to us as we finalise our new menu. We've had a lot of very positive feedback on the food during our opening week so I am saddened that your experience wasn't as positive. We'd love to have you back so that you can try some of our other tasty food which might be more to your liking.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Cafe Beag had been looking rather tired but has now been refurbished into a bright modern cafe while still retaining that rustic atmosphere which makes it a perfect spot for lunch or a snack after enjoying some outdoor life in the beautiful Glen Nevis. I had the best pea and ham soup ever! It tasted as though made with real peas, a lovely rich green colour, with chunks of proper ham and served with soft brown bread. Others in our party had various toasties, all perfectly cooked and served with a nice salad with dressing and some kettle-type crisps. It was sunny so we sat outside so the kids could play on the grass, although the freshly decorated interior looked very welcoming, especially the area with traditional leather sofas. I would highly recommend a visit - the cakes looked pretty good although we didn't have the chance to try them.

2  Thank Fiona M

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to Cafe Beag and really appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review for us. We hope to see you again very soon!