We stayed here as private guests, well aware that there would be coach parties - there were 3 that week, so the hotel was very busy. we had a ground floor room on the front with a beautiful view of the Loch. Our room was very comfortable, but looked rather cramped - probably due to the large furniture. The beds were very comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very clean. Breakfast and dinner were included and there was a good choice on the menu and the food was very hot and well cooked. Breakfast started very early because the tours were departing for their daytrips, but we came in later and each morning the hot food was brought before we had finished our cereal. Dinner was also served early and it seemed again we were expected to eat quickly and go, so the staff could get ready for breakfast. On one occasion, we were in the middle of eating our main course and she brought both the pudding and the coffee. The coffee was cold by the time I was ready to drink it. On the following evenings, we took our coffee into the lounge so we could drink it leisurely. There was entertainment each evening and 2 were very good, one poor - many of us left, and I did not like the language used by the other entertainer. Overall, this was a good stay, but I would have preferred a slower pace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland