We have just returned from a self-drive three night stay at the Bay Caledonian Hotel and had a very enjoyable time! Like some Shearings hotels this one needs a little TLC in parts but that is made up for by the friendly staff and efficient service which could not be faulted. The views of Loch Linnhe from the dining room and bar were stunning. The food choices at dinner were excellent and we all enjoyed our breakfasts! We were able to go out exploring this wonderful part of the country and come back to a hot meal and a good night's sleep in a comfortable, clean room together with piping hot water in the bathroom. The Country and Western entertainment was not our cup of tea but we gave it a go and were not impressed! However, that is a matter of personal choice. The only 'niggles' were that doors were heavy and difficult to open for someone with mobility problems, like myself, although I travelled with people who could do that for me, and smokers sitting outside the entrance whose second-hand smoke you had to walk through and who let down the appearance of the hotel. The staff deserve lots of praise for the way they look after you and we would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland