My three friends and I have just returned from a 3 night stay with National Holidays. We paid the upgrade for a loch view and it really was worth it. The rooms are excellent, bright, warm, plenty of drawer and cupboard space and lots of hot water. There was even a pull out washing line in the bathroom and an iron and ironing board (which is very rare in British hotels)
The only negative things I could say about the hotel is - The lighting in the dining room is too dim, yet the lighting on the dance floor is too bright. Also, perhaps some piped music in the dining room would have been nice.
The food was good and the staff are brilliant, especially the bar staff and dining room staff.
People moaned about Fort William being too quiet but we found it to be a charming place.
I would like to return with my husband next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland