The Caledonian Hotel is a modern looking hotel on the ouskirts of Fort William. It is situated at the side of Loch Linnhe, with plenty of car parking space.
Our room was a good size with twin beds, a sitting area with small table and two chairs and had a good view over the loch. The bathroom was roomy with a bath shower combination, which worked well. The romm was well serviced and kept very clean while we were here.
Inside the hotel was a large entertaimnent lounge, which was well used as the entertainment was pretty good, although ther was no quiet lounge if you did not want to hear what was on.
The dining room, as with the lounge, had excellent views over the loch, the food was well cooked and the menu varied, with Haggis on one night. The breakfasts though not overlarge were tasty and did enough to keep you going till lunch time.
The staff were all very friendly from the front desk to the waiting and housekeeping, and would always speak pleasantly if meeting them in the hotel.
Th area around the hotel has lots of sightseeing places from the single track roads around the lochs to the roads around Ben Nevis. I would recommend this hotel if you like lots of scenery and the challenge of little used roads with lots to see, including wildlife ( seals and bird life). Certainly wort a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland