Bay Caledonian Hotel
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$216
US$900
US$812
Agoda.com
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$349
Agoda.com
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
US$314
US$298
Travelocity
Imperial Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
Bank Street Lodge(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Factor's House(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnational holidaysshearings holidaydriver steveshearings groupevening entertainmentdining roomcoach tripself driveweekend breakloch viewbus stopmeal timeshotel staffbuffet breakfasta ground floor rooman upgradetea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Despite the rating stating that the hotel was just a two star establishment, I can honestly say,we had a wonderful stay. The hotel was clean, very well appointed, the staff were very polite, doing their best to provide a good service. Their were four in our party, including an elderly relative with a mobility problem. My worries were proved needless. We were given rooms on the ground floor, next door to one each other. The food was really good, with several choices on the menu, plus there were packed snacks provided for guests who were venturing out. We were on an "all inclusive" 4 day break, which also included free (selected brands) drinks between 6pm and 11pm. Our short stay was terrific value for money. I would heartily reccommend a visit to this hotel, especially for people on a budget. Dont be put off with its star rating, we've stayed in higher rated hotels, and have been VERY dissappointed. That cannot be said for the Caledonian, our stay was super.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank aveybaby61
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My Husband and I booked a weekend Break with Shearings from 30th January 2009.
We had a lovely weekend,our room was at the back of the Hotel but it was lovely and clean and plenty of room.
Our room was on the top floor and we had no problem regarding hot water and the room was cleaned every day and the towels were changed every day.
In the dining room the tables were perhaps a little close but this made for a more frendly atmosphere and gets you talking to the people on the next tables, the food was lovely and the staff were really professional and most helpful and nothing was to much trouble for them.
The Hotel is in such a lovely location overlooking Loch Linnie, we will certainly look to return to this hotel and will certainly travel with Shearings again(This was our first time with them)

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SusieqCheshire
Reviewed 27 January 2009

My sister and I and husbands have just spent a very enjoyable weekend at the Caledonian. I must admit after reading some of the reviews my expectations were very low, I expected a hotel full of OAP's (no offence meant) that was very tired with unedible food, but I was very nicely surprised. The hotel is owned by Shearings but we travelled from Yorkshire ourselves so as not to be tied and arrived in the pouring rain to be greeted very politely and efficiently by reception. Our room was overlooking the loch (paid supplement, very worth it as lovely views), it was clean and nicely furnished with lots of storage space, yes it was a bit cramped but had everything you would need, and yes it was very warm, but we turned radiator off and opened window, no problem then. The restaurant staff were very well organised and the food was more than adequate, not michelin starred, but not michelin prices either, and if you needed more you just had to ask. Our table was at the front of the dining room by the window, not sure if that was by chance or because we paid a supplement but it was lovely to watch the snow on the hills opposite whilst eating breakfast. The entertainment on Friday night was excellent, but Wayne on Sat night was not so good, but thats only my choice. On Sat night there was a bad storm and all electric went out, but staff very good and emergency lighting came on in corridors within minutes and all electric back on within 30 mins. There were mixed ages from about mid 20's to 70, but I would say predominately 40 to 60,so definitely not OAP's. My only gripe was the hot water, make sure you beat the coaches back on an afternoon to get a hot bath. Yes this is a 2 star hotel and the first one I have ever stayed in (to my knowledge), but would not hesitate in staying here again. Value for money was excellent, and if you want a cheap weekend break in a fantastic location, try this.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank bilbosmumyorks
Reviewed 5 January 2009

We didn't know this was a 2 star hotel. I guess I just don't stay in 2 star hotels. While there was a No Vacancy sign up (sign #1 not to stay there), they did have rooms. The cost was 45 pounds each (90 pounds total). From their body language, I got the impression that the reception staff didn't really want us to check in, but accepted us anyways (sign #2 not to stay there). It was late and we had no reservations and fatigue was setting in. This is a hot spot for senior citizen tour groups. In the afternoon when we drove by (on the way to sight seeing) there was one group leaving, and when we arrived there was 2 more groups staying there. Obviously those tour groups were taking advantage of the poor old people or the tour package was really cheap. We were the youngest ones there (sign #3). Thank god they had a bar and the guys in the bar were very nice. When we got to the room (#202), we didn't want to put anything on the floor, it just didn't look clean. The bed spread was gross and threw it off the bed as fast as possible. The beds were hard, pillows were old, the room was mysteriously hot when it was 28F degrees outside. We kept opening the window during the night. In the morning, the breakfast arrived in seconds as if it was sitting under lamps waiting for us. It was the most hideous disgusting food we ever saw, it made McDonalds look like gourmet food. The following night we stayed in Inverness not far away at a 3 star (Kingsmills Hotel) that felt like a 5 star for only 10 pounds more.

If you normally stay at Motel 6 in the US, you wouldn't even want to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank wkrik
Reviewed 16 December 2008

My husband and I travelled by National coach to stay at this hotel for the weekend. The room was piping hot, which was wonderful as it was minus 4c outside and snowing...in fact we had to open the window! Beautiful room and spotlessly clean.
The dining room was also very warm, and the food was lovely with very fast friendly service by the eastern european staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Our only fault was that the main bar/lounge area was COLD. There is a big stone fireplace in there..not sure if it was gas, electric or a real fire but it was never lit when we were there, and it would have made the room feel cosier if it had been.
Best tip would be,,ask for a front bedroom....the views of Loch Linnhe and the mountains are spectacular. if you get a room at the back all you will see is a grassy bank and a bungalow.
We will return again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)