Croit Anna Hotel
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$300
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
US$110
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$223
Agoda.com
US$155
PremierInn.com
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Bank Street Lodge(Fort William)
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Factor's House(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscoach tripstar hoteldavid urquhartalfa holidaysalpha toura ground floor roomloch viewthe dining room staffentertainment every nightmeal timesbus stopchef's specialsrooms were spotlesswaitress servicetea coffee making facilitiesevery eveningreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2013

i find it hard to believe the people who give the bad reviews for this hotel.we found the meals good enough for most people the rooms were clean,tidied every day.staff very pleasant & helpful if you expect to stay at the ritz don't stay at the 2 3 & 4 star hotels.for us normal people this hotel is very suitable.the only gripe is it is about 2 or 3 miles out of Fort William but the bus runs every hour

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gordon902
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had various complaints when I eventually spoke to the manager she was very aggressive she was that bad I had to terminate the conversation.I will not use this Hotel again.The beef and ale pie does not come with potatoes or chips and the waitress showed me the menu and she was correct 2 mornings there was no milk on the table the porridge was served and we had to ask twice for the milk and it was 10 minutes before it arrived not enough staff on duty.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank mistyClyde
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Croit Anna hotel for 4 nights with Alfa Travel, on entering the room there was a very strong musty smell and it felt very damp and cold. There was black mould on the wall and when I took my clothes out of the wardrobe the next morning they felt damp. I didn't sleep very well because it was so cold and damp in the room. There was barely any light getting into the room and there was thick vegetation outside the window and the window ledge was absolutely filthy. I asked the hotel staff if I could have another room as this one was totally unacceptable, but they refused.

The foyer of the hotel had a very damp. musty smell and it was very dark and uninviting. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. It was an absolutely awful experience.

However I was impressed with the Scottish scenery, it was absolutely stunning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Janet T
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have just returned from a 5 day break with Alfa to the Croit Anna hotel.The best part of the holiday was the coach journey and the day excursions we were taken on, and especially our driver Tony, who I can say is the most patient and careful driver I have ever been with, he made the holiday not the hotel, I have been with Alfa a number of times and this is certainly one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The minute you walk into the foyer you smell a musty smell, as it happens this is not in the rooms although we were on the top floor, there is no lift in the hotel and you have 44 steps to climb, you are advised of this in the Alfa broacher, but if you have problems make sure you book a lower room.After getting into the room which was clean we found the bathroom extremely small, a walk in shower which was very narrow, and I am not of a large build but still had trouble. There was not a shelf of any description or even a hook behind the door to put toiletries on. The bedroom is very dated just room for one chair and a very small 12 inch TV.The only good thing was the view over the lock, but if you get a rear room you just look onto a rock face just a couple of yards away so you need to keep the light on most of the time. Most of the waitresses seemed to be pleasant but the one we were allocated never smiled and was very abrupt, she literally gave us no time to sit down for a meal before she was over saying what do you want, not leaving the table until we had looked at the menu, then she would watch and as soon as one of us finished she would come over and ask again what we wanted for the next course, four of us on the table eating different courses.They have bingo every night but you have to sit in the bar area and they never start until 8.45 so as to make sure you buy drinks which are very expensive.Then the barman shouts the numbers out as quick as he can, too quick, so he can get down to selling more drinks and it is only then that the entertainment starts. This is not to do with the hotel but Fort William which is three miles away is a desolate place, mainly charity shops and shops shut down. Never again. O Yes the outside looks more like a holiday camp.

Room Tip: If you do have to go get a front room, top floor is quieter but remember there is no lift.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank briern
Reviewed 7 September 2013

On arrival we were not sure what to expect as we had read previous reviews. A musty smell greeted us in the corridor but not in the room itself which was downstairs and was very nice and large with a view of the loch we were pleasantly surprised with a balcony and 2 chairs and plenty of tea and coffee and even a phone, Even though we were almost opposite the main outside door we slept well and were not disturbed by other guests.The staff were friendly and really helpful especially the housekeeper. We were staying on a B&B basis only, the breakfast was good all waitress or waiter service which surprised us, our only complaint was no table available for breakfast we had to wait as the coaches appeared to take priority we did complain as did others who were travelling independently but no-one seemed to really care. Would I stay again for the price yes I would.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems ask for a downstairs room as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family